Packs Performance and Multimedia Integration Into Self-Contained Personal Media Device
Samsung today announced the SP-H03, a self-contained personal media device. The palm-sized pico projector features a bright, high resolution LED output and integrated multimedia player for the user on-the-go. The SP-H03’s 1 GB of internal memory allows users to load content directly to the device with seamless, built-in multimedia playback without being tethered to a computer making it ideal for easily sharing images, videos, music, and documents on a variety on surfaces in business or personal settings.
“With portable design, high quality projection, and built-in multimedia playback features, the SP-H03 is an expansion of Samsung’s expertise in LED technology and mobile productivity,” said Tom Grau, senior manager of projector marketing at Samsung Electronics Information Technology Division. “The H03’s robust and intuitive features make it an easy, efficient and affordable choice for everyone from tech-savvy travelers to mobile presenters, professionals and educators.”
The new ultra-portable SP-H03 offers a small, well-balanced industrial design that weighs only 6 oz. ., allowing it to easily fit into a pocket, backpack, purse or briefcase. The solid-state LEDs and DLP technology heighten performance with a picture output of up to 80 inches, ensuring everyone enjoys the show.
The use of an energy-efficient LED light source also highlights Samsung’s continued dedication to creating eco-sensitive products. Designed to last for the life of the product, solid-state LEDs maintain their brightness and eliminate traditional lamp replacement, contributing to a more-affordable total cost of ownership.
Samsung Design Innovations
Not only does the SP-H03 boast a computer-free experience, but it also allows users to project their content on-the-go via external memory or entertainment devices like USB storage devices, microSD memory cards or MP3 players. For added versatility, users can enjoy audio playback through the SP-H03’s integrated 1W speaker or utilize the output connectors for personal headphones or external speakers.
For business and education applications, Samsung’s built-in Document & Media Viewers enable PC-free projection of Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) documents, Adobe PDF, movie, image, and audio files, in their native file formats.
The SP-H03 will be available through Samsung authorized retailers, including Best Buy, beginning in June 2010 for $299.99 MSRP.
SP-H03 Key Specifications
- Unparalleled brightness in pico category with 30 ANSI lumens
- LED light source rated at 30,000 (max) hours of life
- WVGA (854×480) native resolution
- Image size ranging from nine to 80 inches
- 1 GB internal memory, expansion available via microSD card (up to 16 GB) or with input from a USB storage device
- Computer-free Document Viewer allows for content playback for Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe PDF documents and movie, image and audio files in native formats, including:
- Movie: AVI, MP4, ASF, MPG, RM, FLV, WMV
- Image: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Music: MP3, MP2, WAV, WMA, FLAC, APE, RA
- Supports standard VGA signals (PC), composite video (smart-phones, DVD players), and USB storage devices with included or optional adaptor cables
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery: 2 hour (max) battery life
- Dimensions: 2.5 W x 1.5 H x 2.5 D inch
- Weight: 6 oz.