International-capable Windows Mobile 6.5 phone; Available Oct. 11 at Sprint
Sprint and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) just announced the upcoming arrival of Samsung Intrepid smartphone, a dynamic Windows phone that lets the customer be productive on-the-go using America’s most dependable 3G network (EV-DO Rev. A)2 domestically and through international roaming when traveling worldwide.
Samsung Intrepid features Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional, and improves on previous Samsung Windows phones with a user experience that offers a customizable Today screen to display the features the user accesses most often and shows important information like new emails, text messages, missed calls and calendar appointments. It also has a richer Internet browsing experience and new personalization options including a diverse selection of designer themes and the ability to create an original look for your phone with the built-in theme creator.
Samsung Intrepid adds to Sprint’s robust line of international devices allowing its customers to leverage America’s most dependable network domestically and other high-performance, world class networks abroad. Global business travelers can rest easy knowing Sprint has a solution to keep people connected when they travel in the United States and abroad.
This device is a strong addition to Sprint’s business device portfolio and features a 2.5-inch touchscreen interface with 320×240 resolution, full QWERTY keyboard, 3.2 megapixel camera and camcorder, and combines a robust mobile office experience with all the must have Microsoft Office Mobile-capabilities like corporate email and the ability to view attachments and manage your calendar. Additional business features include:
- Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional with Microsoft ActiveSync and Microsoft Office Mobile (edit Word and Excel files, view PowerPoint)
- Windows Mobile email (work & personal)
- stereo Bluetooth
- multimedia with microSD slot (up to 32 GB)
- easy access to social networking sites, including Facebook, Flickr and Twitter
- instant messaging and threaded text messaging
- Pre-installed SIM
It will be available on Sunday, Oct. 11 for $149.99 (excluding taxes) with a new line or eligible upgrade, two-year service agreement, and after a $50 instant savings and $100 mail-in rebate at Sprint stores.
Innovative Features and Applications
Featuring Internet Explorer Mobile 6, Samsung Intrepid offers powerful Web search capabilities with a touch-friendly user interface and Bing for mobile information while on-the-go, the ability to view Web sites in Mobile or Desktop view and better zoom, scroll and pan features for easier Web site navigation and an Adobe Flash Lite plug-in that allows Samsung Intrepid users to enjoy rich Flash-based games, videos and other interactive Web content on their phone. Additional upgrades over previous Samsung Windows Mobile phones include:
- Windows Marketplace for Mobile offering a rich and integrated marketplace of quality applications for purchase using a Windows Live ID
- Lock screen allows users to receive calls, keep track of upcoming calendar appointments and view recent activities, all while the phone is still locked
- Microsoft My Phone service allows users to access, manage and back up their personal information on their device using a password-protected, Web-based service
Samsung Intrepid from Sprint is the first device to offer Microsoft Corp.’s Tellme mobile experience, which allows customers to use their voice to dial a contact, compose a text message and search the Web using America’s most dependable 3G network. The Tellme application can search business listings, traffic, maps, driving directions, movies and weather, instantly with the touch of a button and a person’s voice. With Tellme, Samsung Intrepid users only need to push a button and say ‘coffee shop’ to get the location of nearby cafes.