Samsung is now accepting pre-orders for its new ruggedized, 8-inch enterprise-ready Android tablet. The new 8-inch Galaxy Tab Active is designed to work in or out of the office, thanks to a bundled protective case, water/dust resistance, daylight-readable LCD screen and long battery life with a user-replaceable battery.
- OS: Android 4.4 (Kit Kat)
- Resolution: WXGA (1280 x 800); 189 PPI
- Internal Memory: 1.5GB RAM, 16GB ROM
- External Memory: MicroSD (up to 64GB)
- Processor Speed, Type: 1.2 GHz, Quad-Core, Qualcomm APQ 8026
- Weight: 13.0 oz.
- Product Dimensions (inches) 4.97″(W) x 8.39″(H) x .38″ (D)
- Anti-shock protection: including increased durability for drops of up to 1.2m/4ft when bundled with protective case and elastic material cover for the 8-inch display.
- IP67 certified to tolerate temporary submersion underwater and prevent entry of dust or debris.
- Citrix Ready and SAP-certified for SAP’s Work Manager and CRM Service Manager applications. Additional ISV certification announcements are planned in the near future.
- A removable battery, ensuring business continuity with up to 10 hours of extra continuous operation and easy replacement.
- A convenient POGO charging connector, providing a durable charging solution for multiple devices and preventing micro-USB connector damage.
- An integrated C-Pen technology system for handwriting and note-taking that offers an alternative input device for professionals who may have to wear protective gloves.
- NFC-enabled to allow for easy data exchange with other devices.
- Defense-grade, comprehensive mobile security through Samsung Knox keeping applications and data safe.
Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Active (Wi-Fi) Tablet is available in the U.S. for pre-order for $699 and will ship late October 2014.Where to Buy