Exclusive to AT&T customers, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 is a slim, lightweight 4G LTE tablet, running Android 3.2 and packed with optimized services from Google, AT&T and Samsung. The new tablet features a vivid 8.9-inch 1280×800 pixel high-resolution screen, powerful processor 1.5 GHz dual-core processor for fast multi-tasking, and tabbed browsing with support for HTML 5 and Adobe Flash Player.
“The arrival of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 adds to our outstanding Android lineup and our growing portfolio of premier 4G LTE devices,” said David Christopher, chief marketing officer, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “We're constantly adding new 4G LTE coverage and only AT&T offers 4G LTE plus 4G speeds through our HSPA+ network.”
AT&T 4G LTE Data Plans are available for 14.99, $25 or $35 per month for up to 3GB of monthly data transfer. Prepaid or postpaid plans are available for the two cheaper plans.
- 4G LTE backed by 4G HSPA+
- Android 3.2 (Honeycomb)
- 15.9 ounces light, 8.6mm thin
- Brilliant 8.9″ HD widescreen
- 3.2 megapixel rear facing camera with LED flash, 2 megapixel front facing camera
- Tabbed browsing, Adobe Flash and HTML support
- Snapdragon 1.5 GHz dual core processor
- 16 GB internal memory and expandable up to 32 GB via accessory option
- 1 GB RAM
- TouchWiz UX
- Dimensions: 230.9 x 157.8 x 8.6 mm
Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 will arrive in AT&T company-owned retail stores and online November 20, 2011 for $479.99 with a two-year commitment. For a limited time, customers who select a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 will receive a Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket or Samsung Galaxy S II smartphone at no cost. A two year agreement is required on the smartphone.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (Wi-Fi Only) Tablet is available for $449.99 to $549.99 without a contract.