AT&T announced their first 4G LTE (Long Term Evolution) smartphones, the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket and HTC Vivid. The Skyrocket (model SGH-I727) adds 4G LTE, a slightly larger screen and faster processor over the Galaxy S II (model SGH-I777) just introduced less than two months ago.
The Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket is powered by a 1.5 GHz dual core processor and AT&T 4G LTE speeds. The 4.5-inch SuperAMOLED Plus display is one of the brightest, most colorful screens on the market.
- 4.5-inch SuperAMOLED Plus display(800×480 pixels)
- Android Gingerbread (2.3.5)
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash, with 2-megapixel front-facing camera
- 1080p HD video recording
- 16 GB of on-board memory, microSD expandable to an additional 32 GB
Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket will arrive in AT&T company-owned retail stores and online November 6, 2011 for $249.99 with a two-year commitment.