Roku today announced an all-new family of streaming players, the new Roku LT, Roku 1 and Roku 2 streaming media players, which accompany their flagship Roku 3 streaming player launched in March. All players have access to the Roku Channel Store which features a broad selection of streaming entertainment – currently at more than 1,000 channels in the U.S. and at more than 450 channels each in Canada, the UK, and the Republic of Ireland.
“These new players bring useful improvements at existing prices – just in time for the holidays,” said Jim Funk, SVP of product management, Roku. “We’re giving customers more value for their money by adding a headphone jack for private listening and dual-band wireless to the Roku 2, and support for 1080p HD video to the Roku 1. We are excited to bring these and other great features to our new line-up which provides a better TV experience across every price point.”
- The new Roku LT is the easiest and most affordable way to stream to virtually any TV with support for up to 720p HD video quality.
- The Roku 1 takes streaming a step further than the Roku LT with support for up to 1080p HD video quality.
- The Roku 2 offers the same great experience as the Roku 1 and features a remote with built-in headphone jack for private listening and dual-band wireless for better Internet connectivity. Both are popular features that were previously available only with the Roku 3.
- The flagship Roku 3 which launched in the U.S. in March is the fastest-and-most-powerful Roku player to date. Roku 3 sets the bar for streaming with all the features of the Roku 2 plus Ethernet and USB ports and an enhanced remote with built-in headphone jack and motion-control for gaming.
For even more entertainment options, Roku’s free apps for iOS and Android devices transform a phone or tablet into the ultimate Roku command center. In addition, the Play on Roku feature lets consumers stream their personal music, video and photos to a Roku player.
In other news today, Roku also announced “Roku Partners with M-GO to Bring Instant Access to Movies and TV Shows” in the U.S.
Roku LT Features
- 1000+ channels, hundreds of thousands of entertainment choices
- Support for up to 720p HD video quality
- Quick and easy wireless setup
- Channel shortcut buttons to favorite channels
- One-stop search and movie and TV show shortcuts (powered by M-GO) integrated onto the home screen menu
- Free app for iOS and Android devices
Roku 1 adds:
- Up to 1080p HD video quality
Roku 2 adds:
- Remote with built-in headphone jack for private listening
- Dual-band wireless (Wi-Fi a/b/g/n compatible)
- Includes in-ear headphones
Roku 3 adds:
- The fastest responsiveness
- Motion control for playing games
- Ethernet and USB ports, plus MicroSD slot for adding extra storage
- Includes Angry Birds game
Pricing and Availability (October 2013)
In Canada, the Roku 3 is available now for a suggested retail price of $109.99 in retail stores. The Roku 1 and Roku 2 players are available for pre-order now for suggested retail prices of $69.99 and $89.99 respectively at Roku.ca and are expected to be available in retail stores beginning in October.
In the U.K. and the Republic of Ireland, the Roku 3 is available now for a suggested retail price of £99.99 at Roku.co.uk and in retail stores. The Roku 1 and Roku 2 players are expected to be available for suggested retail prices of £59.99 and £79.99 respectively at Roku.co.uk and in retail stores beginning in October.Where to Buy