Offers Elegant Simplicity and Bold New Styling plus HybridTouch
Raymarine, Inc., a world leader in marine electronics, today introduced its new line of E-Series Widescreen Multifunction Displays (MFD) with HybridTouch to the U.S. market. The HybridTouch user interface gives boaters the simplicity and ease of touch screen operation, and also the confidence of complete keypad control in rough seas or inclement weather. The E-Series Widescreen comes in three sizes, the E90W, E120W and E140W, and offers advanced navigation and networking technologies.
“The new E-Series Widescreen introduces a whole new chapter in navigation technology,” said Dave Bimschleger, President of Raymarine, Inc. “With its intuitive user interface and unique touch screen, it is Raymarine’s most flexible and easy-to-use navigation system. The simplified home screen menu with easy to read icons makes boaters more comfortable using their system, letting them navigate the waters with confidence.”
The E-Series Widescreen with HybridTouch brings the familiar touch screen and icon-based design found in today’s smartphones to the marine environment. The customizable home screen features a simple application selection and the refined user interface offers visually dynamic graphics and intuitive menus. Plus, the optically bonded LCD display technology improves contrast and readability, even in direct sunlight, and a smooth touch screen surface offers durable scratch resistance. The new E-Series touch screen also offers superior sensitivity and accuracy to minimize false inputs from rain, spray and other contaminants.
Additional key performance features offered with the new E-Series Widescreen include:
- Preloaded Navionics ready-to-navigate electronic charts for the coastal U.S.
- A powerful 2D-3D chart engine utilizing Navionics Platinum+ charts powered by TurboView technology.
- Simple, fast voyage planning. Use the touch screen to create a route with the tap of a finger, and the on-screen keyboard to quickly save routes and manage data.
- An anti-collision alarm enabling boaters to better navigate shallow waters and avoid chart hazards.
- Premium design with a brushed metal look fascia and high-bright widescreen display that provides maximum screen size in the smallest possible footprint.
- A built-in tutorial for instant access to quick reference and training materials.
E-Series Widescreen is also the first Raymarine Multifunction Display to incorporate two new radar features:
- HD Digital Bird Mode, which automatically optimizes the radar display to track sea birds at a distance, giving anglers the long range intelligence they need to find schools of fish.
- High speed radar scanning, which automatically increases the radar scanner’s rotation speed to 48 rpm, providing optimal tracking of fast moving targets at short ranges.
E-Series Widescreen customers can easily build a complete navigation system with a single widescreen display or create a multi-station E-Series Widescreen network. The displays are easily expanded with SeaTalkhs digital network sensors for radar, fishfinder and satellite weather, and feature a SeaTalkng data bus port for connecting to SeaTalkng compatible instruments, autopilots and NMEA2000 compatible devices. NMEA0183 inputs and outputs are also available for AIS and third party devices, and a first generation SeaTalk port is available for networking with an external GPS sensor, LifeTag and SeaTalk compatible instruments and autopilots.
Raymarine, a world leader in marine electronics, develops and manufactures the most comprehensive range of electronic equipment for the recreational boating and light commercial marine markets. Designed for high performance and ease of use, the award-winning products are available through a global network of dealers and distributors. The Raymarine product lines include radar, navigation aids, instruments, fishfinders, communications, software and systems. Raymarine plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange.