Quad has announced the new Elite Series Mono Power Amplifier, which replaces Quad's 99 Series Mono Amplifier.
The Quad Elite Mono power amp has been carefully revised to ensure they retain their predecessors' acclaimed musicality, whilst delivering enhanced punch and drive, alongside greater finesse and resolution. New ultra-low-noise transformers are used, and all power supply components have been specially selected following extensive listening tests. Delivering 150-watts of power, instantaneous overload recovery and full protection against over-driving without resorting to output line fuses or relays, which degrade the quality of the audio signal.
Quad claims the the Elite Mono amp delivers more sonic presence and impact than their predecessors, whenever the music requires it.
- Power output (8 ohms): 1x150W
- Power output (4 ohms): 1x220W
- Quad system connection: Amp Bus
- Frequency Response: 0.2Hz – 80kHz (±3dB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.005% at 100W, 1kHz or <0.05% at 100W, 20kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: < -110dB (20Hz - 20kHz) ref 100w
- Other inputs: RCA
- Outputs: five-way binding posts
- Facility to daisy-chain for bi-amping/tri-amping
- Impedance: 10K Ohms
- Dimensions: (WxHxD): 321 x 70 x 310mm
The Quad Elite Mono power amplifier will be available from September for £649.95.