New startup, Princeton Audio, today announced their first wireless speaker called Site:1 is now available. Crafted out of a wide variety of carefully selected, instrument-quality tonewoods such as sustainable, plantation-grown mahogany, black walnut, maple, and black cherry, Site:1 speakers are as visually stunning as they are sonically beautiful.
Site:1 speakers are individually tuned to take advantage of the special acoustical properties of each, and boast upgradeable electronics that deliver audiophile-quality sound. With 40+ hours of battery life, the Site:1 is a fully-portable, exquisitely designed Bluetooth speaker that faithfully reproduces the music listeners love.
Through Princeton Audio’s patent-pending external interface, the Site:1 is optimized to integrate into a range of entertainment systems, including music players, televisions, game consoles, portable devices — almost any wired or wireless system. This ability to evolve and adapt to future changes in technologies is yet another reason why the Site:1 can claim to be an heirloom-quality product.
While many domestic companies, citing the glut of cheaply made foreign imports in the portable audio market, have chosen to outsource production of their own products, Founder and CEO Michael Pelland stresses that his company has chosen a different path.
“We make these speakers here. The materials are sourced, the parts made and assembled with our own hands, right here in the state of Wisconsin.”
Pelland has recruited other citizens of the town of Princeton to his cause, including local craftsman Jack Kallio. Kallio notes that luthiers build the highest-quality musical instruments out of premium tonewoods, prizing them for their resonating properties as well as their physical beauty.
“We approach the creation of our Site:1 speakers the same way,” said Kallio, “Each tonewood has its own distinct character. The subtle variations in our tonewoods give each Site:1 speaker a unique voice,” he says, “You really can hear the difference.”
Price and Availability
The Site:1 is available now for $459.99 each or 869.99 pair, from the company’s website at www.princeton-audio.com in Black Walnut, Cherry, Mahogany, or Maple tonewoods. Extra customization options are available for $100-$150 each.
- 20W class D amplifier into a 4 OHM load at 10% THD+N from a 12V supply
- 24-bit stereo audio ADC and DAC: >98 db SNR
- Sampling rates from 8 kHz to 96 kHz
- Low power: 7mw playback, 48 kHz at 1.8V
- Core features 28-bit processing (56-bit double precision)
- 3400 mAh recharageable power pack
- 40+ hour battery playback per charge (based on volume)
- 3″ Full Range Transducer at 4 OHM
- Bluetooth version 4.1, High bit rate
- Stereo pairing capable with single interface
- Array of 7 LEDs for user interface indicating: Battery level, Stereo pairing, Local gain control
- Dimensions: 7.375″ x 7.62″ x 7.5″
- Weight: 2.0 – 3.75 lbs (hardwood dependent)