The new $200 Polar M400 runner’s watch combines the best of GPS and 24/7 activity tracking with advanced sports technology using Bluetooth Smart. The water-resistant M400 can track important training metrics like speed, pace, distance and altitude with the built-in GPS, while making sure your effort is always at the right intensity (with a Polar H7 heart rate sensor). Its built-in activity tracker gives a complete picture of all daily activities – your steps, calories burned and how restfully you slept. You will get alerts for inactivity directly on your wrist and through the Polar Flow app, offering suggestions on how to achieve your personalized activity goals, such as jogging for 50 minutes or walking for two hours.
The M400 keeps up with your training schedule with its extensive battery life of 9 hours in training time with GPS and sensors running, and up to 24 days if it is simply keeping time, with activity monitoring.
You can sync all training information to the Polar Flow web service and app, where you can easily plan and analyze workout sessions and monitor progress. Polar Flow celebrates your accomplishments and gives motivation to keep you moving. You will also get guidance on how to reach your goals during each workout.
- Polar Running Programs – After getting your personal fitness level and setting a goal – such as running a 5k, 10k or marathon – you will get tailored weekly training targets and motivational guidance to help you get to the finish line, as well as cross-training workout suggestions
- Personal Best – You can keep tabs on your personal bests because the M400 notifies you when you break a record
- End Time Estimator – When getting ready for your upcoming race, you can get an idea of how long it will take you to cross the finish line based on your training history of speed and pace
- Back to Start – Directs you to your starting point in the shortest distance possible, letting you try new routes or travel without fear of getting lost
- Running Index – You can track improvements in how fast and efficiently you run, and can also predict estimated finish times for common running distances, like 5k, 10k, half marathon and marathon
- Relive – A fun and shareable animated feature that lets you relive your routes with snapshots from your workout, such as your pace, distance, maximum heart rate and approximate location
Using Bluetooth Smart technology, the M400 updates software as needed, making it future-proof.
Price and Availability
The Polar M400 is available in black or white, Fall 2014, on ShopPolar.com for $199.95, or can be purchased for $249.95 with the additional H7 heart rate sensor.