Plantronics just announced BackBeat PRO, wireless active noise-cancelling over-the-ear headphones with battery power, providing up to 24 hours of listening time on a single charge. Bluetooth wireless freedom cuts the cord, and advanced active noise-cancellation (ANC) technology minimizes background sounds so you can fully immerse yourself in your music.
Using a unique dual-mic solution, the headphones draw in background noise and eliminate it, tuning out external sounds and resulting in clear, life-like audio. Alternatively, if you want to hear what is going on around you, with a touch of a button the adjustable OpenMic feature pushes the music to the background and amplifies environmental sounds; have a conversation with a coworker, listen for your boarding call, or answer a fellow commuter without having to remove your headphones.
Plantronics innovation in power management gives the BackBeat PRO up to 24 hours of listening time on a single charge, and an included 3.5mm cable serves as a backup, allowing you to plug in and keep enjoying your music in the unlikely event that you run out of battery. Used alone, its active noise-cancellation is capable of eliminating background noise for up to 60 hours – enough to tune out airplane noise on a flight around the world. BackBeat PRO is always ready for action, with up to 21 days of standby power, and up to 6 months in DeepSleep hibernation.
- 40mm dynamic drivers and Plantronics signature audio technologies deliver rich bass, crisp highs, and natural mid-tones.
- Bluetooth technology lets you stream music from up to 330 ft/100m1 away from your smartphone or tablet, well beyond the usual 33 ft/10m.
- Sensors on BackBeat PRO automatically pause your music when the headphones are removed and resumes when you put them back on, and will unobtrusively whisper updates on connection status, battery life, incoming calls and more.
- Ergonomic design and portability with fold-flat earcups and durable nylon travel sleeve.
- Dual-mics directly on the headphones enable clear communication on smartphones and tablets for mobile professionals.
- NFC pairing with Android devices provides multi-device Bluetooth connectivity.
- Up to 24 hours of listening time on a single charge
Pricing and Availability
The Plantronics BackBeat PRO will be available worldwide October 2014 for $249.99.