Pioneer today introduced a new line of affordable active DJ speakers designed for aspiring DJs. The DJ speakers are offered in four models, S-DJ80X, S-DJ60X, S-DJ50X and S-DJ50X-W (white) with 8-inch, 6-inch or 5-inch drivers, respectively. Each speaker includes three types of inputs, and built-in equalization, useful for DJs who want to achieve the highest accuracy in sound reproduction.
For maximum audio performance, increased bass output and reduced unwanted resonance, each speaker utilizes a highly rigid medium density fiberboard (MDF) for the construction of its enclosure and bass reflex ducts. Additionally, to optimize sound quality and increase reliability, Pioneer uses woofers made with aramid fiber cones and soft dome tweeters infused in magnetic fluid.
- Groove Technology: To improve airflow through the port of the enclosure, Pioneer engineered the port hole with grooves to help direct the sound waves smoothly. The technique decreases standing waves from the mouth of the port, resulting in smooth bass and midbass output, with more impact.
- Convex Diffuser: Matching the bass output of the speakers, the soft dome tweeters are set in the center of a convex diffuser optimizing output and dispersing the sound energy in both left and right directions for wider imaging. For a cool cosmetic look, the diffuser also illuminates in white when the speakers are powered on.
- Class AB bi-amp: Driving the speakers is a highly efficient Class AB amplifier in a bi-amp configuration to power the tweeters and woofers separately.
- EQ Controls: The speakers also enable users to adjust high-pass level output via the built-in equalizer from the back of the speaker. The equalizer adjusts the high frequency range in one decibel increments (-2dB to +1dB), tailoring the audio output to the user’s listening preference.
Inputs and Extras
All speaker models feature three types of inputs (XLR, TRS and RCA) for connection to different devices such as DJ equipment, computers, and portable devices. For convenience and power conservation, the speakers also include an Auto Standby mode that automatically turns itself off when there is no input signal sensed after 25 minutes and powers back on when signal input is detected. For more information see: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/DJ/Speakers
Price and Availability
The new Pioneer DJ speakers will be available mid September 2013 at the following prices:
- Pioneer S-DJ80X (8-inch, black) $249
- Pioneer S-DJ60X (6-inch, black) $199
- Pioneer S-DJ50X (5-inch, black) $149
- Pioneer S-DJ50X-W (5-inch, white) $149