Pioneer 50″ 1080p Plasma Display Delivers Cinematic Picture Performance of High Definition Film Titles and Will Assist Professional Users Finalizing Blu-ray Disc Movies
At the NSCA Expo this week, Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is showcasing its first 50″ Pioneer branded 1080p plasma display for the U.S. market. Previously only available in Japan and Europe, the Pioneer PDP-5000EX provides fine detail and accurate color for the entire range of high definition signals including 720p, 1080i and 1080p. The Pioneer PDP-5000EX is one of the few plasma monitors capable of accepting and displaying the 1080p 24Hz rate needed to preserve a feature film’s original sequence.
Currently targeted for professional use, major film studios and authoring houses are among the early adopters demanding this type of monitor to use for testing and evaluation of new high definition Blu-ray Disc movie titles. With more than two million of the world’s smallest pixels, the Pioneer PDP-5000EX faithfully reproduces HD movies as intended by the director.
“The introduction of a high quality 1080p plasma display for the professional market will fulfill a very specific request from the entertainment industry and will bring the best picture performance for high definition film titles to the market,” said Jim Krodel, vice president of professional display for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.
The PDP-5000EX combines a higher pixel count of 1080p with the faster refresh rate of 72Hz ensuring professional users can precisely master high definition films with confidence. More than 15 years of painstaking research and development are incorporated into the new plasma monitor with Pioneer industry-leading proprietary technologies.
The technology inside
- The Deep Waffle Rib Structure makes each cell deeper to increase overall phosphor area for a brighter image. By casing each cell with horizontal ribs, light leakage is diminished from neighboring cells for sharper, more accurate images. A new T-shaped electrode prevents misfiring of individual cells despite the fact that each individual cell is half the size as previous generations, enabling the PDP-5000EX to maintain its sharp, bright accurate images when reproducing at a native 1080p resolution.
- The Crystal Layer sandwiched between the plasma glass and the individual light cells conducts energy more efficiently so each cell is charged and discharged at a faster rate, improving contrast and brightness while using less energy. Swift charge and discharge of individual pixels results in an extremely smooth transition from color to black for deeper blacks and increased detail in dark scenes.
- High Quality Up-Conversion to 1080p minimizes interlacing motion artifacts of 1080i and increases the resolution of a 720p signal.
- New PURE Drive 2 HD Signal Processing delivers low noise, high contrast and natural color images. The High Precision Video Scaler receives and displays 1080p HD native resolution.
- The Direct Color Filter reduces ambient light reflection and heightens color reproduction through the elimination of an extra layer of glass for sharper, crisper and more vivid images.
- The monitor includes Digital HDMI, DVI (HDCP), component and composite inputs.
The Pioneer PDP-5000EX will be available this spring with pricing to be announced.
The Industrial Display Group of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is the leading provider of plasma and display products for business use. Pioneer introduced the industry’s first 50-inch high definition plasma display in 1997 and continues to deliver innovative display solutions for professional data display, audio/video, information technology, trade show, broadcast, legal, medical, education and transportation applications. In an effort to provide the highest quality of customer care, Pioneer professional plasma displays that are purchased through an authorized dealer, include a one-year warranty with convenient on-site service and technical support. Additional information can be found at http://www.piocmx.com or by calling 1.800.527.3766.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is http://www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a leader in optical disc technology and a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets. The company focuses on four core business domains including Blu-ray Disc and DVD, display technologies, navigation and Digital Network Entertainment.Where to Buy