Pioneer’s versatile entry-level DJ controller, the DDJ-WeGO, currently bundled with the “Virtual DJ Limited Edition” software by Atomix Productions, now supports Serato DJ Intro and Algoriddim’s djay DJ software — downloadable at no cost. Serato DJ Intro offers the “all familiar” Serato user interface and mixing and scratching functionalities, allowing users the freedom to manage and create non-stop mixes. The combined DDJ-WeGO and Serato DJ Intro software gives users access to large and colorful waveforms on a laptop monitor, and helpful illumination and multi-color LDF jog lights directly on the controller to help improve a DJ’s mixing and scratching capability and enhance the DJ performance. The djay software, available exclusively for Mac, utilizes the user’s iTunes music library to simplify the music mixing experience and provides basic DJ functions such as scratching and mixing, an Auto Mix feature for seamless playback of music without interruption, and an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) that rotates the album artwork of the music being played.
For additional flexibility and more advanced features that can be utilized with the DDJ-WeGO, users can also upgrade to Serato DJ, a paid version of the software. With this software, users can record their sets and mix up to four decks at a time, increasing the ability to perform more complex music mixing.
Pioneer’s DDJ-WeGO DJ controllers make it easy for beginners to learn how to mix with built-in effects and features:
- Jog FX – Allows users to combine multiple effects and control them simultaneously using the Jog wheel.
- Pulse Control – Provides users visual prompts with a variety of colored lights on the Jog platters:
- Mix Pulse – The mix pulse mode shows the difference in pitch of songs currently playing through the light of the Jog wheel. As the pitch of songs begin to match, the intensity of the light increases, allowing the user to check visually that the beats are in sync. In conjunction with the music, the pulse of lights helps to improve beat matching skills Jog wheel. As the pitch of songs begin to match, the intensity of the light increases, allowing the user to check visually that the beats are in sync. In conjunction with the music, the pulse of lights helps to improve beat matching skills.
- Launch Pulse – Triggers a red light on the Jog wheel to signify that music has been loaded successfully.
- FX Pulse – The effect being applied to the currently playing song will not only be heard, but will also be represented visually via the light movements on the Jog wheel.
- USB Power – The DDJ-WeGO utilizes power from USB connections found on most computers, eliminating the need for an external power supply.
- Other features
- “Plug and Play” functionality allows a DJ performance to start anytime and anywhere when the user plugs in a DDJ-WeGO to a computer via a USB cable and launches Serato DJ Intro.
- Five available colors: white, black, red, green, and violet.
- Built-in audio ports for high quality sound input and output.
- Built-in sound card for expanded music storage and portability.
- Compact in size and weighs less than four pounds for easy transportation.
Price and Availability
Pioneer’s DDJ-WeGO controller is available with a suggested retail price of $399.
[youtube id=”yUFjZgknoTg” width=”610″ height=”373″]
[youtube id=”QONj2LYAGO8″ width=”610″ height=”373″]