One of World’s First Industrial Blu-ray Disc Players with BD-Live
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is excited to showcase two new professional 1080p high definition video devices at the InfoComm 2009 Expo in Orlando, Florida on June 17th. The BDP-V6000 Professional Blu-ray Disc Player and HD-V9000 Professional HD Video System offer robust features that make them ideal for an array of applications and venues including digital signage, museums, video walls, houses of worship, public displays and broadcast. These new models demonstrate Pioneer’s continued commitment to developing and introducing innovative products that meet the growing demands professional A/V users require for high end playback performance.
“Pioneer is bringing our long experience with high performance, high reliability industrial video players into this emerging space. It’s what we’re known for, and we’re excited to continue this trend with our new professional products. Through our customer research we identified a strong and growing need for HD playback devices with greater control capabilities that would fulfill the evolution of HD within the industrial A/V realm,” said Sandra Benedetto, director of professional video sales and product planning for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Pioneer is expanding our Pro Video line-up with professional HD products that include both optical disc and solid state platforms.”
Blu-ray Disc Optical Disc Expertise
For more than 30 years, Pioneer has maintained a leading position in optical disc technology, most recently represented by its highly respected Blu-ray Disc products. This reputation is reinforced in its new BDP-V6000, one of the world’s first professional Blu-ray Disc players. The BDP-V6000 supports high definition Blu-ray Disc as well as standard definition DVD media playback in both NTSC and PAL formats to provide flexible, reliable playback of domestic and international customer content in demanding applications. Additionally, the player offers a host of features that make it ideal for seamless operation including:
- Serial RS-232C Support: Allows integrators to control the player through multiple external devices
- Enhanced Search Options: Users can navigate through a disc’s title, chapter, and time code menus quickly and easily
- Plays 30, 25, and 24 frames per second (fps): Allows playback of 30, 25, and 24fps HD movie playback on video displays that support this feature
- Professional Graphic User Interface (GUI): Pioneer incorporates a newly designed GUI for improved player setup and internal playlist operation
- BD-Live Capability: One GB of on-board memory allows new video content to be downloaded to the player without having to remaster a BD disc; USB 2.0 port supports external devices to further expand BD-Live storage capacity
- Rack Mount Kit Included
The Pioneer BDP-V6000 Professional Blu-ray Disc player is expected to begin shipping in September 2009. Pricing to be announced.