Eleventh Generation Waterproof Digicam
PENTAX Imaging Company announced the eleventh generation PENTAX Optio waterproof digital camera built for rugged adventure in every way. The PENTAX Optio W90 offers enhanced waterproof, shockproof, dustproof, and coldproof performance and features an inventive Digital Microscope mode with LED lighting to capture small but intriguing subjects. Designed with the look of mountaineering equipment, the Optio W90 kit includes a woven web fabric strap complete with a carabiner to attach the camera to a backpack and other outdoor gear. The rugged 12.1 megapixel Optio W90 with a 5X optical zoom (28-140mm equivalent) offers photographic performance, innovative features and style that surpass other outdoor compact digital cameras now available on the market.
- Waterproof to 20 feet for reliable underwater photography
- Shockproof to 4 feet withstanding the rigors of extreme use
- Coldproof to sub-freezing temperatures for use in wintery, snowy activities
- Digital Microscope mode with LED lens lighting perfectly captures the smallest and closest macro subjects as near as 1cm from the camera
- Eye-Fi wireless SD memory card connectivity
- Large 2.7 inch LCD with 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio that is easy to view in strong light or underwater
- Movie capture in widescreen 720p HD video at 30 frames per second
- An HDMI port plays back beautiful high resolution imges and video on HDTVs
Priced at $329.95 USD, the PENTAX Optio W90 will ship in April 2010. A waterproof infared remote control (sold separately) for use with the PENTAX Optio W90 and other infrared compatible Optio models will be available at the same time for $29.95 USD.
Where to Buy