AT&T announced it will soon offer the value-priced Pantech Pursuit II, a compact quick messaging slider smartphone. The device boasts a full HTML browser for PC-like web browsing, USB 2.0 connectivity, pre-loaded social media apps on the home screen for one-touch access, mobile email capabilities in addition to AT&T Navigator for turn-by-turn directions. The Pantech Pursuit II also features a 2.0 MP digital camera with a camcorder and 4X digital zoom as well as fixed focus that allows customers to effortlessly capture quality photos and videos.
By installing Brew MP across quick messaging phones like the Pantech Pursuit II, AT&T and software developers are able to more easily offer smartphone-like applications to customers who want a full-featured messaging phone.
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- UMTS and HSDPA 850/1900
- 2.8″ touchscreen display with 240 x 320 (QVGA) resolution
- Brew MP 1.0.2
- Full QWERTY keyboard slider
- QSC 6270 ARM9/230MHz processor
- Expandable memory up to 32GB with addition of microSD card
- 3.98″ (L) x 2.40″ (W) x 0.59″ (D), Weight: 4.48 oz.
- 2.0 MP digital camera with camcorder, fixed focus, 4X digital zoom
- Up to 3 hours talk time, 250 hours standby time
Price and Availability
The Pantech Pursuit II will be available in pink or green on July 17, 2011 for $49.99 with a two-year agreement after a $50 mail-in rebate. The device will be sold online and in company-owned retail stores.