Unique Touchpad Faceplate and Full Hidden Keyboard for Quick Messengers and Social Networkers
Beginning Sunday, Pantech Wireless, Inc., — the U.S.-based subsidiary of Pantech Group, one of Korea’s largest mobile phone manufacturers — will bring “Impact” to AT&T customers. The second Pantech handset to hit shelves this holiday season debuts in two cool colors — bright blue and soft pink — and delivers a brand new form factor to AT&T’s line of quick messaging phones. Impact features a high-gloss faceplate with a haptic response touchpad, two screens and a full hidden keyboard, along with a host of the latest social and multimedia options, to make managing your mobile life startlingly fun.
Responds to the Touch
In a world where most phones look identical and feel the same, Impact puts an end to predictability by providing users an altogether new experience. From the outside, Impact’s shiny blackout exterior is surrounded by textured blue or pink detailing. Each time the touchpad below the screen is pressed it springs to action, reacting to finger taps with a soft, tactile buzz. Impact lets users play and control music, make a call, or send texts without ever having to open the phone.
A sideways flip open of Impact reveals a full QWERTY keyboard for typing longer messages, and a range of shortcut keys enabling one-touch access to IM, text, email, and jumping between apps. Users will also find a second full-color display screen, perfect for watching video clips, viewing friends’ profiles, or flipping through pictures. And on either side of the screen sit speakers, making listening to music, chatting on speakerphone, or hearing GPS directions easy and loud. Whether browsing the Web, updating your status with pictures and videos, or playing games, Impact keeps users close to their social life at every turn.
Impact comes preloaded with AT&T’s new HTML mobile browser and att.net service, which combines the best of full and fast HTML browsing with custom features for personalizing favorite bookmarks and local searches.
Impact brings new energy to your mobile life with the following features:
- Responsive Touchpad — Each time Impact’s slick touchpad exterior is pressed, the phone responds with a gentle buzz.
- Options on the Outside — Play and control music, send texts, and make calls from Impact’s touchpad without ever having to open the phone.
- The World Inside — Flip Impact open to find a full QWERTY keypad, a large color screen and speakers, and also shortcut keys to IM, text, email and multitasking features.
- 3G Speeds — The nation’s fastest 3G network makes surfing the Web, checking your newsfeeds, and streaming music and video fast and easy.
- AGPS — AT&T Navigator provides voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions in real time.
- Video Recording and Picture Taking — Take and share pics and video clips using multimedia messaging and AT&T Mobile Email.
“Our customers expect the very latest in trendsetting mobile phones from Pantech, and Impact really delivers,” said Jim Berridge, Director of Sales and Marketing, Pantech Wireless, Inc. “By combing everyone’s favorite social and multimedia options, along with a new form factor which features an interactive touchpad, Impact is a first for both Pantech and AT&T.”
Impact will be available for $99.99 after mail-in rebate at AT&T company-owned stores, and online. (Pay $149.99 after two year agreement and receive a $50 AT&T Promotion Card.)