Panasonic’s Slim, Compact Stereo System Plays CDs or iPods
Panasonic introduced the SC-HC3, a sleek compact stereo system that plays music from both CDs and iPods. Designed to meet the needs of iPod users who want to enjoy their favorite songs in high quality at home, the SC-HC3 employs advanced Panasonic audio technology to deliver an exceptionally pure, clear sound that rivals the quality of larger hi-fi systems. It is not only space saving but energy saving too.
The SC-HC3 features Panasonic’s proprietary, full-range Bamboo Cone Speakers. A rigid, low density bamboo material used in the speaker helps achieve a clean responsive sound, with crisp, clear vocals. A Dual Passive Radiator design cancels unwanted vibration, helping deliver a pure bass sound with minimal noise. The diaphragm of the passive radiator is weighted to achieve linear vibration, making it possible for these slim, thin speaker units to produce a robust, full-bodied bass. Across the entire sonic range from pure, clear trebles to rich, dynamic bass, the SC-HC3 delivers an audio performance that is almost unimaginable from a system of its size.
The SC-HC3 is attractive in appearance and easy to use. The stylish sliding door at the center features a hairline finish. The motorized door slides opens, allowing the user to insert a music CD or an iPod. Thanks to its sleek, slim design, the SC-HC3 can be set up in places where conventional stereo systems simply won’t fit. Users enjoy a full-scale audio performance in a minimum of space.
A dedicated iPod dock allows quick, easy connection of an iPod without the need for a cable. The SC-HC3’s remote control can be used to select music stored in the iPod. Music on the iPod can also be used for the wake-up timer. More than just an iPod and CD player, the SC-HC3 is also equipped with a clock and an AM/FM tuner for listening to radio broadcasts.
The SC-HC3’s exceptional sound quality brings out the best in all musical genres. It will be available in March 2009 with a suggested retail price of $199.95.
SC-HC3 Compact Stereo Features
- Clear Vocal & Bass Sound with Near Field
- Easy set-up on space the depth of a paperback book
- Energy Star qualified with power consumption 0.1W (standby mode)
- Total output power: 40W (RMS)
- 4 Preset EQ (Heavy, Clear, Soft, Vocal) + Flat
- Multi CD Play Function [Random, Program, Repeat]
- MP31 Playback
- MP3 function : ID3 Tag, Album Skip
- CD-R/RW2 Playback
- MASH3 1-bit D/A Conversion System
- Digital Synthesizer Tuner
- 45-station (30-FM/15-AM) Preset Memory
- Auto Tuning
- 2-1/2″ Full Range (Bamboo Cone Speaker)(Per Channel)
- Passive Radiator x 2 (Per Channel)
- Motorized Power 2-Way Sliding Door for iPod and CD
- iPod Playback and Recharge with Integrated Universal Dock for iPod
- Connect Audio Player via AUX
- Fluorescent Display
- Re-Master for Improved Sound
- Digital Data: MP3 on CD-R/RW
- Analog Data: AUX, iPod
- Bass & Treble Control
- Surround Circuit
- Auto Power off and Dimmer
- Programmable Timer (PLAY/SLEEP)
- Wireless Remote Control
1 MPEG Layer-3 audio decoding technology licensed from Fraunhofer IIS and Thomson multimedia. For contents recorded on CD-R/RW media from CDs for personal use. Playability may vary depending on conditions and discs.
2 This unit can play CD-DA format audio CD-R and CD-RW. It may not be able to play some CD-R or CD-RW due to the condition of the recording.
3 Panasonic Corporation incorporates MASH [multi-stage noise-shaping technology] in its products under technical license from NTT.
* iPod is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.Where to Buy