Panasonic just announced the Lumix DMC-TS5, its toughest photo and video compact camera to date, built for those seeking adventure and demanding the ability to document unbelievable moments anytime, anywhere. With impressive image quality and an outstanding range of features packed into a neat, durable, yet fun design, the TS5 is the perfect companion for capturing those breathtaking instances, whether underwater, atop a mountain or in the desert.
The LUMIX TS5 is the ultimate hardy camera, ensuring that no matter where you find yourself, such as diving with sea life, hanging from a rock face or exploring the winding alleys of a foreign market, you will be able to take the best shot possible without having to worry about whether or not your camera is able to withstand the conditions. Waterproof to a depth of 43 feet, shockproof from a height of 6.6 feet, freeze proof from a temperature of 14 degrees Fahrenheit and pressure resistant to 220 lbs, the LUMIX TS5 really is the tough-man of the compact camera market.
The LUMIX TS5 enables full HD, 1920×1080 movie recording in AVCHD Progressive format and allows exceptional audio capture with Dolby Digital. For those times when operating the camera with two hands may be difficult a dedicated button makes it possible to let you instantly start recording movies without having to choose any extra settings. Furthermore, the iA Mode is available in movie recording and the POWER O.I.S. comes in handy when shooting while on the move or from challenging places, countering handshake and vibrations.
A LEICA DC-VARIO ELMAR lens (28mm wide with a 4.6 x zoom), Full HD video, 1920×1080 (50p) and a 3.0 inch LCD all combine to ensure that the TS5 punches well above its weight. Additionally a 16.1 megapixel high sensitivity sensor, new Venus engine, time lapse recording and 10 frames per second burst shooting (7 image max), means this camera is not only tough, its intelligent. The TS5 is packed full of features ready to help you capture any moment that you encounter.
The LUMIX TS5 boasts one-touch easy connection to Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n) with NFC (Near Field Communication), allowing for remote picture capture, via the LUMIX remote app, and quick and easy upload. You will be able to take photos from more remote places: simply download the Panasonic Image App to a mobile device and use it as your viewfinder to take incredible photographs while the TS5 is nestled in a tough-to-shoot location such as hanging down in between a crevice or the back of a boat. Furthermore, you can tag the location of the photo using the built-in GPS functionality. Other benefits from the Wi-Fi connectivity include 1GB cloud storage, upload and back-up, as well as connectivity to your TV for viewing on the big screen and easy transfer for printing by wireless printers.
[youtube id=”HZAiPC6SRoo” width=”610″ height=”373″]
Key features include:
- Advanced toughness: Waterproof to a depth of 43 feet, shockproof from a height of 6.6 feet, freeze proof down to a temperature of 14 degrees Fahrenheit and pressure resistant to 220 lbs, the LUMIX TS5 is the tough man of the compact camera market
- Advanced video shooting: 1920×1080, 50p Full HD AVCHD Progressive video recording and a stereo microphone allow you to shoot the highest quality movies
- One touch easy Wi-Fi connection: The LUMIX TS5 boasts one-touch easy connection to Wi-Fi with NFC, allowing for remote picture capture and quick and easy upload
- Underwater mode: The red color reproduction feature in the new Advanced Underwater mode allows you to capture the colors of the underwater world, as it is seen, eliminating dull, grey colors often associated with underwater pictures
- Quality photography within easy reach: With a 9.3x Intelligent Zoom anda 28mm Wide Angle LEICA DC lens, renowned for its exceptional quality, every detail of those epic moments is captured with super-sharp results
- Stunning results whatever the situation: The new, sharper 16.1-megapixel high sensitivity MOS Sensor gives you stunning image quality even in low light conditions and the improved POWER O.I.S capability in photo and movie modes helps prevent handshake even when using the high powered zoom
- Map your memories: The enhanced GPS functionality allows you to automatically record your location and view the map and associated photos directly on your camera
- Add your own personal touch: The Creative Panorama / Creative Control / Retouch feature includes many creative modes such as soft focus, toy effect and retro
- Useful Indicators – Altimeter/Depth Indicator, Compass and Barometer are equipped for outdoor use
- Time Lapse Shot: The camera automatically shoot images in a designated time and interval for stationary observation of subjects such as flowers coming into bloom or wild animals in nature. The series of consequent images can be combined in a camera to produce a time lapse video.
- Torch Light: It is possible to turn only light on to light up subject even while camera function is not activated.
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 will be in available at the end of March 2013 in orange, blue, silver and black for $399.99.