Make and Receive Cell Phone Calls, With or Without a Landline
People who have missed important cell phone calls at home because they didn't hear the phone ring or couldn't get to it in time can find a solution in Panasonic's Link-to-Cell® system, available now for $99.95.
Ideal for busy professionals and multitasking parents, Link-to-Cell uses Bluetooth technology to enable users to make and receive cell phone calls using Panasonic handsets placed around the home. Simply place the Link-to-Cell base unit wherever cell service is strongest and pair up to two Bluetooth-enabled cell phones to the system; it is possible to assign distinctive ring tones to each registered cell phone. Once paired, calls to either cell phone will ring on all compatible handsets around the home (system is expandable to up to six handsets). Households with landline service may switch between a cell phone call and a landline call that come in at the same time.
The Panasonic Link-to-Cell also offers a Phonebook Copy feature; using Bluetooth, consumers may transfer up to 600 names and numbers from their cell phone address book to the built-in handset directory.
For additional convenience, the Link-to-Cell system may be paired with any Bluetooth-enabled headset for hands-free talking.
The Link-to-Cell system also works in homes that do not have a landline. Through Panasonic's Link-to-Cell technology, cord-cutters can now make and receive cell calls on comfortable home phone handsets without paying for home phone service.
As with other 2010 Panasonic cordless telephones, Link-to-Cell offers the following exclusive features:
- Proprietary DECT 6.0 PLUS technology for high quality sound and extended range.
- Intelligent Eco Mode for extended battery life; automatically reduces handset power consumption when used near the base station.
- Call Block: Block unwanted calls by creating a Call Block list with Caller ID information; blocked callers get a busy signal.
- Silent Mode: Prevent a bedside (or any individual) handset from ringing at specified times.
- Non-slip Handset Design: Rubberized grip makes it easier to cradle the phone when you need your hands free.
- Energy Star® Certified: Phones use about one-third less energy than non-qualified models.
- Expandable: The system supports up to six handsets.
- Optional Range Extender module: Doubles effective transmission range between base station and handsets.
The Panasonic Link-to-Cell system (model #KX-TG6582T) carries a suggested retail price (SRP) of $99.95. Additional handsets (model #KX-TGA401B) are available at an SRP of $39.95. The optional Range Extender module (model# KX-TGA405B) is available at an SRP of $29.95.