The BDT100 outputs stunning and immersive Full HD 3D imagery to compatible HD displays. The player also handles a wide variety of audio standards, and upconverts all standard definition video formats to 1080p, the highest-possible video resolution. For nearly 20 years, Panasonic has maintained a base in Hollywood, via Panasonic Hollywood Laboratory, where it has actively studied and created high quality image reproduction technologies in tandem with a number of leading movie studios. Many of the advanced image technologies originally cultivated by Panasonic through this experience are incorporated in the DMP-BDT100. Based on these technologies, the DMP-BDT100 reproduces the ultimate in 3D images, rendering them extremely faithful to the original movies.
In addition to producing superb picture and audio quality, the DMP-BDT100, like the BDT350, also features VIERA CAST, Panasonic's proprietary internet functionality, which brings a variety of streaming services including NETFLIX, Amazon VOD, Pandora®, Twitter and YouTube Videos into the living room. Wireless LAN capability1 eliminates the need to connect a LAN cable, so the DMP-BDT100 can be used without having to worry about the length of the cable.
Users can also watch 2D images (JPEG) and movies (AVCHD2/MPEG22) from digital cameras and camcorders via the integrated SD card and USB slot, as well as 3D Content shot by a Panasonic HDC-SDT750 Camcorder.
Ease of use remains a major consumer concern and the BDT100 addresses the issue of boot up time by reducing the time to 0.5-second.
As a green innovation company, Panasonic also focuses on important environmental issues in its production system. For example, the single chip LSI, UniPhier, is used for image signal processing. Unification of this chip helps to lower power consumption and achieve a more compact design (reducing the DMP-BDT100 size by 1-17/32 inches3) while also decreasing the burden on the environment by using limited natural resources more efficiently.
Price and Availability
The Panasonic DMP-BDT100 3D Blu-ray Disc Player will be available in August. Pricing will be announced at a later date.
“From the beginning, Panasonic has led the way into the 3D era with end-to-end solutions ranging from our critically-acclaimed Full HD 3D VIERA Plasma TVs and 3D Blu-ray Disc Players, to professional 3D camcorders and our work with Hollywood studios on the authoring of Full HD Blu-ray 3D video content. The addition of the BDT100 3D Blu-ray Disc Player to our line-up marks one of many planned expansions of our 3D offerings designed to give consumers more options and greater access to the immersive world of 3D entertainment for the home.”
— Richard Simone, Vice President, Panasonic Networking Group
DMP-BDT100 Technical Specifications
FULL HD 3D Blu-ray Disc Playback (All Models)
Advanced 2D image technology accumulated over the years at the Panasonic Hollywood Laboratory (PHL) has also been applied to 3D image playback, allowing high-quality images to approach original film quality. Lifelike 3D images with enhanced depth, deep color and texture are beautifully reproduced.
PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus
PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus is a high quality image-processing technology developed to precisely process each pixel of the Blu-ray Disc video signal in the vertical direction. It reproduces color data with twice the accuracy of conventional systems to keep colors faithful and sharp.
New P4HD Enhanced Full HD Upsampling
With the new P4HD enhanced Full HD upsampling, the standard definition movies in DVD also approaches Full HD quality. The picture is intelligently analyzed to have the best matching process done on each pixel.
The 96-kHz Surround Re-master function enhances the sound quality of CDs and other sources, and even raises the quality of the multi-channel audio data on Blu-ray Discs and DVDs. It increases the amount of sound information, to produce highly realistic sounds.
- VIERA CAST with Wireless LAN System
- With optional wireless LAN adaptor (DY-WL10) plugged into the USB terminal, VIERA CAST can be enjoyed wirelessly by accessing to your Wireless LAN router. You can access NETFLIX, Amazon Video on Demand, YouTube and other Internet sites from the special VIERA CAST Home screen.
High Quality Picture and Sound
- FULL HD 3D Blu-ray Disc Playback
- True to Cinema Picture Technology (PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus & Adaptive High Precision 4:4:4)
- Enhanced Full HD Upsampling: New P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD)
- 96-kHz Re-master
Easy to Use
- VIERA Link1
- Ultra Fast Booting with Quick Start Mode
- 0.5 Sec Ultra Fast Booting
- The boot time from standby to power-on has been greatly reduced from prior models.
- VIERA CAST (NETFLIX, Pandora, YouTube Videos, Picasa, etc)
- 3D Video content shot by Panasonic camcorder HDC-SDT750, Movie (AVCHD / MPEG2) & JPEG View with SD Memory Card Slot
- Music (MP3), Photos (JPEG), and Video (DivX®2 and DivX HD2) Playback on USB (Front1)
- Low Power Consumption 0.1W in Standby Mode with Quick Start Off
- Compact Body (W16-15/16 x H1-3/8 x D8-5/32 inch)
- VIERA Link Reduces Power Consumption
With Energy Saving Mode, power consumption is automatically minimized when VIERA TV's power is turned off with remote controller. The Blu-ray Disc players feature compatible Unselected Device Save1 which puts Blu-ray Disc players into standby mode2 when the input switches back to TV after movie finishes.Where to Buy