Omnifone Sounds the Mobile Music Revolution with Musiwave
Omnifone Collaborates with Musiwave for MusicStation next generation mobile music service
3GSM World Congress, BARCELONA — February 14, 2007 – Omnifone, a UK-based mobile music company, today announced a collaboration with Musiwave, an Openwave company (NASDAQ: OPWV), the leading provider of mobile music entertainment services to operators and media companies worldwide, to distribute MusicStation, a revolutionary ‘all-you-can-eat’ mobile music service, that works on all major music handsets.
For a fee of only £1.99 per week* MusicStation provides subscribers with unlimited localised Over the Air (OTA) downloads to their mobiles from Musiwave’s end-to-end music platform.
“Working with Omnifone enables us to complement our existing end-to-end service suite with a differentiating mobile music subscription service that works over the air and links with our music platform,” commented Guillaume Decugis, vice president, Musiwave.
“By working with Musiwave we will be able to offer millions of subscribers worldwide freedom to access the music they love, wherever they are and on whichever music phone they choose to buy,” added Omnifone CEO Rob Lewis. “Linking with Musiwave’s network of 35 operators will help us to quickly bring MusicStation onto consumers’ handsets so that people can start enjoying all the world’s music for a small weekly charge.”
MusicStation offers a number of unique features for consumers, including:
– Unlimited download AYCE subscription services for full music downloads, for a weekly fee: £1.99 (mobile) £2.99** (mobile and Mac/PC) or in Europe 2.99 Euros (mobile), 3.99 Euros (mobile and Mac/PC);
– Wide range handset reach across 2.5G/3G Java and Symbian handsets;
– Features include: background downloading whilst music plays / playlist management / music search / news review / MusicStation community features;
– Support for Advanced Audio Coding format (eAAC+) which enables faster mobile download speed and superior music sound quality for compliant handsets;
– Industry standard DRM solution, even for handsets with limited in-built DRM capability.
– Ability for consumers to automatically retrieve their favourite tracks, playlists, friends and personalised features whenever they upgrade or replace their handset OTA.
MusicStation will be offered to Musiwave’s 35 existing operator customers with Musiwave serving as Omnifone’s Preferred Digital Music service provider. MusicStation is immediately available internationally.
Musiwave provides mobile music entertainment services to more than 35 mobile operators in 25 countries including Vodafone, 3, Telus, T-Mobile, Telefonica, Orange, SFR and Amena. Its current roster of products includes premium mobile music personalisation services such as Smart Radio, which allows consumers to access customised mobile streaming music programming; music discovery engine, a second-generation on device portal solution that simplifies the mobile music experience; Music on Demand Service (MODS) which allows fast, full-length secure downloads of music directly to 3G mobile devices, and Music Wizard, which enables users to identify a song using their mobile phone.
*£1.99/2.99 Euro weekly subscription fee is inclusive of data charges.
**£2.99/3.99 Euro weekly subscription service uses over the air downloads via mobile which can then be transferred to play on the subscriber’s Mac/PC.
EndsWhere to Buy