Nikon announced the 16-megapixel COOLPIX S800c Wi-Fi compact digital camera with GPS and 10x zoom, built on the Android Operating System. With built-in wireless networking, the camera can instantly share or upload photos or HD videos right after you take them to social networks and popular imaging applications.
- Optical 10x Zoom NIKKOR Lens: covering from wide-angle 25-250mm, so either the largest group or action from afar is captured with clarity that can only be accomplished with a quality lens. Additionally, the lens is bolstered with Nikon's VR optical image stabilization for blur-free photos and stable HD video, even while handheld.
- 16 Megapixel Backside Illuminated (BSI) CMOS Sensor: Much larger than the CCD sensor traditionally found in smartphones or tablets, this BSI CMOS sensor excels in challenging lighting conditions, and provides images with vivid colors, low noise and exceptional contrast and sharpness.
- Powered by Android: The camera's connection features allow users to seamlessly connect, browse and upload to their social networks, including Google+, Facebook and Twitter. Users can also take advantage of the full functionality of Android technology to surf the web or even download applications and games onto their S800c. Just like a smartphone or tablet device, the camera has the opportunity to run camera-specific photo and video applications, yet enables the various benefits of shooting with a real camera.
- Google Play: The S800c provides access to a vast world of applications for games, productivity and personal communication/ email, including Nikon's photo storage and sharing site, my Picturetown. Users are also able to watch video downloaded from Google Play right on their camera.
- The Benefits of COOLPIX Camera Technology: With the EXPEED C2 processing engine, users will enjoy rapid response and speedy performance from their device. Additional benefits include the ability to use a camera flash to illuminate subjects, while continuous drive mode captures up to approximately 8 frames-per-second (up to three shots) to help ensure no moment will be missed. What's more, a variety of scene modes and creative filters keep it fresh and let the user easily create stunning images.
- Full HD Video: The S800c makes it easy to capture Full HD 1080p HD video with amazing fidelity and sharpness, with full stereo sound. Video clips can be instantly uploaded to popular video sites such as YouTube and Vimeo.
- Built in GPS: The GPS function enables recording of shooting location information on stills and movies.
Smartphone and tablet users will feel at home with the S800c's familiar controls and operation, and will be able to easily navigate using the wide and bright 3.5-inch touchscreen OLED monitor. The camera will connect to the internet via granted access to any Wi-Fi network. Upon connection, the user will be prompted through an easy-to-understand set-up process, similar to that of other Android devices. The COOLPIX S800c also has the ability to connect through WPS for a fast and secure push-button connection. Additionally, when a Wi-Fi connection is not open or available, the camera can transmit images and videos wirelessly to a smartphone or tablet, allowing the user to share better images through a mobile network.
COOLPIX core technologies also make it easy for users to create share-worthy images. Various camera modes help the user achieve the greatest shot, whether it's a macro shot of tonight's cuisine or a scenic HDR shot of downtown, the image is instantly ready to share. For maximum creativity, the S800c has 18 filter effects, including the new Toy Camera effect, Pop and Super Vivid color filters, as well as Cross Process and Peripheral Darkening filters.