Nikon just announced the 16-megapixel COOLPIX S6400 compact digital camera with 12x optical zoom for markets outside the U.S. Despite its slender 19.8mm body, the COOLPIX S6400 packs a 12x wide-angle optical zoom NIKKOR lens. While its back illuminated 16-megapixel CMOS sensor and EXPEED C2 processor allows each pixel to receive more light for improved day or night photos.
The COOLPIX S6400 has a 7.5 cm (3.0-in.) 460k-dot, wide LCD touchscreen, enabling intuitive fingertip control over shooting and playback thanks to smooth touch technology and Nikon's Clear Color Display anti-reflection coating. Once you've taken the shot you want, Quick Effect mode means you can instantly apply extra style. Press the effect icon on the camera's touchscreen to choose from thumbnails of 19 different effects, including toy camera, selective colour and paint effect.
The COOLPIX S6400 offers a number of advanced photographic functions that ensure recording of images as intended with the simplest of operations. Chief among these functions are Target Finding AF, with which the user need simply point the camera at the intended subject and the camera automatically identifies and focuses on that subject; Quick Effects, which allow users to create images with special effects in just three easy stepsshoot, select, and save; and functions for recording full-HD movies with superior picture quality. A dedicated movie-record button instantly switches from photos to video, and zooms in on the action with the 12x lens. The Record Pause function lets you pause and then continue filming, and the camera creates one movie file for smooth playback.
- Intelligent Control AF System: the camera automatically selects the best focus method for sharp results whatever your subject is, and wherever it's positioned in the frame.
- 20 Scene Modes: achieve great results just by selecting the mode that matches your shooting situation or let Scene Auto Selector choose the optimum scene mode for you.
- Lens-Shift VR (vibration reduction): capture steady photos and movies thanks to Nikon's automatic vibration reduction technology, which counters the effects of camera shake in real time.
- Anti-blur: High ISO (up to 3200) light sensitivity for sharper images in low light. Motion detection compensates for camera and subject movement. Night Portrait and Landscape modes capture clear photos in low light. Auto HDR delivers a detailed image of a high-contrast scene, such as a sunny beach.
- Easy Panorama 360°/180°: move the camera vertically or horizontally to create dynamic panoramas.