12-megpixel Digital Camera with 15x Zoom and HD Movie Capability
Nikon just announced the COOLPIX L110 digital camera offering a powerful zoom lens in a compact design. Nikon’s new L-series point-and-shoot digital cameras define simplicity and value, ready to capture life’s precious moments with stunning quality and clarity with the aid of Nikon technologies such as the Smart Portrait System, Scene Auto Selector and legendary NIKKOR Optics.
The COOLPIX L110 makes flattering portraits of friends and family easy with the Smart Portrait System, which integrates the following advanced features:
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically fixes most instances of red-eye
- Enhanced Face-Priority AF can detect up to 12 faces from a variety of angles
- Smile Mode automatically detects when your subject smiles and releases the shutter
- Blink Warning notifies the user when a subject has blinked in a photo
The L110 digital camera achieves its versatility through a 15x Optical Zoom-NIKKOR lens. Covering a wide 28mm to 420mm super-telephoto focal range, the lens can readily handle everything from action shots at the kid’s soccer game to stunning landscapes from the family vacation.The 12.1-megapixel COOLPIX L110 features a large, bright 3.0-inch high-resolution (460,000-dot) LCD for easy composition, viewing, and sharing of images; while a new High Definition (HD) 720p movie mode features a built-in stereo microphone, and a dedicated movie selector button that makes it simple to switch from capturing stills to recording HD movies. In addition, the COOLPIX L110 digital camera features the ability to utilize the optical zoom and auto focus operations during video capture to make focusing and staying with the action simple and easy. For example, when photographing or capturing video clips of fast moving pets or children, users will be able to retain focus and easily keep the subject within the frame. Additionally, consumers will not miss the action with Sport Continuous Mode, which captures images at a blazing 11.1 frames per second (3 MP resolution).Additionally, a 5-way Vibration Reduction (VR) Image Stabilization System helps to reduce camera shake in the following ways, helping to banish blurry photos in low light or shooting while handheld:
- Optical VR Image Stabilization by image sensor shift compensates for the effects of camera shake, producing clearer, sharper results in lower lighting or unsteady conditions
- Hybrid VR Image Stabilization combines both sensor shift VR and Electronic VR
- Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and the ISO setting to compensate for camera shake and subject movement
- High ISO 6400 capability creates opportunities to take sharper, natural-looking photos in lower light conditions
- Nikon’s original Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to 10 shots while the user presses the shutter and saves the sharpest image
The COOLPIX L110 includes four AA Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries, allowing 840 shots or seven hours of video.
The new L110 camera will be available beginning February 2010 and will retail for $279.95 MSRP and will be offered in black or red.