The world’s first macro lens equipped with SWM and VR systems.
Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the introduction of the AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED, the world’s first macro lens equipped with Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and Vibration Reduction (VR) systems. It offers a host of Nikon’s advanced optical features and technologies such as Nano Crystal Coat, Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass and Internal Focusing (IF) . The AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED is engineered for use with both Nikon DX format digital and 35mm film SLR cameras.
This lens has been developed to meet user demand for a 105mm macro lens equipped with SWM, IF and VR system.
The SWM ensures fast and quiet autofocusing and quick switching between autofocus and manual operation. The IF system also offers a non-rotating front lens element that facilitates the use of circular polarizing filters.
With the enhanced VR system (VRII), photographers can capture sharp images at shutter speeds approximately 4 stops* slower [at near infinity to 3m (1/30x reproduction ratio)] than would otherwise be possible. The negative effects of camera shake are greatly amplified in close-up photography and can affect image sharpness greatly. The incorporation of Nikon VR technology in a Micro-Nikkor lens expands versatility by, for the first time, providing the sharpness benefits of VR and improving hand-held close-up photography. What’s more, the VRII offers stable viewfinder image for easy frame composition even at high magnification shooting.
In addition, the AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED also features proven Nikon optical technologies such as the Nano Crystal Coat, which drastically reduces flare, and one ED glass element that minimizes chromatic aberration, to provide higher resolution and high-contrast images.
The AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED ensures high-quality and high-performance for all photographers–from amateurs to professionals.
*Under Nikon measurement conditions.
Note: Specifications, design, product name, standard accessories, and release schedule may differ by country or area.
AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Major Features
- The world’s first macro lens offering reproduction ratios of up to 1:1 and featuring the Nikon Vibration Reduction System (VRII) allows high-quality hand-held macro shooting.
- The VRII function minimizes camera shake by offering the equivalent of a shutter speed 4 stops* faster at near infinity to 3m (1/30x reproduction ratio) shooting.
- The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast and quiet autofocusing, and quick switching between autofocus and manual operation.
- Nikon ED glass element minimizes chromatic aberration. Outstanding Nikkor optical performance makes it suitable for photography with both Nikon digital and 35mm film SLR cameras.
- Nikon Nano Crystal Coat further ensures superior optical performance by virtually eliminating internal lens element reflections.
- The Internal Focus (IF) design provides a constant lens length and eliminates rotation of the front lens element, facilitating the use of circular polarizing filters and the Nikon Close-up Speedlight Commander Kit R1C1 and Nikon Close-up Speedlight Remote Kit R1.
- 1:1 of maximum reproduction ratio and up to 31cm closest focusing distance
- Up to 154mm working distance (at near 1:1)
- Two focus modes are available — M/A and M
- The nine-blade rounded diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural.
- o62mm filter attachment size
*Under Nikon measurement conditions.
AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Specifications
(Picture angle, when used with Nikon DX format digital SLRs is equivalent to a 157.5mm on a 35mm format SLR)
|Lens construction||14 elements in 12 groups (with 1 ED glass element and 1 Nano Crystal Coat-deposited lens element)|
|Picture angle||23° 20′ [15° 20′ with Nikon DX format]|
|Dimensions (approx.)||83 x 116mm (3.3 x 4.5 in.)|
|Weight (approx.)||790g (27.9 oz.)|
|Included accessories||62mm Snap-on front lens cap (LC-62), Rear lens cap (LF-1), Bayonet hood (HB-38), Flexible lens pouch (CL-1020)|
|Optional accessories||62mm screw-in filters, AF-S Teleconverters TC-14E II/17E II/20E II (Autofocus operation is not possible. VR and AE functions are available.)|
Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer. February 2006
Products and brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.