High Performance, High Quality and Telephoto Zoom
The new AF-S 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR is Nikon's first FX-format lens with a 10.7X zoom range for enthusiasts and professionals. The new 28-300mm is the all-in-one optical solution that is ideal for travel, landscapes, portraits and capturing distant subjects. The 28-300mm VR lens is optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both FX and DX-format D-SLR cameras, and has an equivalent focal length of 42-450mm when attached to a DX-format D-SLR. It's optical formula includes two ED glass elements that effectively minimize chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings, and three Aspherical Lens Elements that virtually eliminates coma and other aberrations at wide aperture settings as well. This high performance lens also incorporates an M/A Focus Mode Switch that enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation, and Internal Focus (IF) providing fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens while retaining working distance through the focus range.
- A 10.7X, high-performance and high-power zoom lens covering focal lengths from 28mm to 300mm
- This single 10.7X lens covers a broad range of angles of view, making it extremely practical for shooting at a variety of focal lengths, from wide-angle landscape shots to telephoto shooting
- A size and weight that makes it very portable
- Built-in vibration reduction (VR II) offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately four steps
- Equipped with two VR modes, Normal and Active, the vibration reduction function responds to a variety of shooting scenes
- The f/5.6 maximum aperture at the maximum telephoto position enables capture of bright images
- Equipped with two ED and three aspherical lens elements for superior optical performance
- Nikon's internal focusing (IF) system has been adopted with no increase in the length of the lens
- Equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing
- Equipped with two focus modes, M/A (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual)
- A zoom lock has been adopted to prevent the lens from extending due to its own weight
Price and Availability
The AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR zoom lens will be available September 2010 for $1,299.95.