NEC announced new 46-inch X461S and 55-inch X551S large screen LCD displays. These super-slim displays are the first large screen products from NEC to offer LED backlighting technology, bringing a new class of professional-grade displays to NEC's lineup. Their edge-lit LED backlights enable lightweight design with minimal depth, providing flexibility for a variety of installations. The highly reliable panels allow for 24/7 operation with advanced thermal protection and a sealed panel design to accommodate the most formidable digital signage industry requirements.
The X461S and X551S are also the first in NEC's lineup to offer Intel's Open Pluggable Specification (OPS), which is the first industry-wide standardization in option slots to simplify digital signage. The OPS option slot allows for easier installation, use and maintenance of digital signage.
These models provide users with full connectivity, including DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D. Network Control and Communication allows the highest level of remote display management. Ethernet connectivity provides email notifications to the administrator. RS-232 enables multi-display control and daisy chain capabilities to simplify display management.
“The introduction of the super-slim models to the award-winning NEC X Series is a step into the future, as they offer the most innovative technologies to date,” said Rachel Karnani, Product Manager for Large Screen Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “LED backlit displays offer a much slimmer depth than traditional LCD displays, providing more flexibility during installation and a sleek appearance.”
The X461S and X551S also include the following features:
- 1920 x 1080 native resolution
- Up to 4000:1 contrast ratio
- 500 cd/m2 typical brightness, 600 cd/m2 maximum brightness
- Reduced power consumption (less than 2W in standby mode)
- Landscape and portrait orientations
- 10-bit color over an HDMI connection
- Ambient light sensor monitors the external lighting conditions and adjusts the display accordingly
- Real-time clock allows for advanced scheduling of monitor powering up/down
- Built-in closed captioning enables the decoding and display of text information from a video source
- Built-in 5W speakers and adjustable/removable carrying handles
- Carbon footprint meter tracks and calculates the conservation of green gas emissions
- Optional accessories and products for the super-slim displays include stands, wall mounts, external PCs, and media players
Price and Availability
The X461S and X551S will be available in May and June 2011 for $2,399 and $3,799, respectively. Each carries a 3-year limited parts and labor warranty, which includes the backlight.
Photos: Top: X551S, Middle: X461S, Ports: Same on bothWhere to Buy