New and Improved 32-Inch UHD Monitor Delivers Switchable DisplayPort, HDMI Inputs for Added Flexibility
NEC today announced the PA322UHD-2 display for professionals who need precise color. This $3000 LED-backlit monitor includes all the features of the existing PA322UHD model and now updates the option slot with support for 4K UHD inputs, including an installed, switchable DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 2.0 option.
The Open Pluggable Specification (OPS)-compliant option slot gives videographers, photographers, print production specialists and others added flexibility to use the PA322UHD-2 in an even wider range of existing workflows.
The display uses a wide gamut white LED backlight and an IGZO technology IPS-type LCD panel that delivers excellent image quality with lower power consumption than comparable LCD displays while delivering 99.2 percent coverage of the Adobe RGB color space. Built-in presets for standard color spaces, including sRGB, AdobeRGB, DCI REC 709 and even the DICOM medical imaging standard provide quick access to previewing your work in a specific color space.
The UHD resolution on the MultiSync PA322UHD-2 delivers 140 pixels per inch (PPI) at native resolution, which nears the accuracy of printed content. More content can be put on screen, reducing scrolling and increasing productivity. The high PPI means images will appear sharper and with more detail. Combined with the Picture by Picture modes, content can be viewed in stunning detail in multiple color spaces easily and clearly.
In addition to the installed OPS, the NEC Display Solutions 3G/SD/HD-SDI input card (SB-04HC) and the HD-SDI input card (SB-01HC) also are compatible with the PA322UHD-2.
- Native 4K UHD resolution of 3840 x 2160 with 10-bit color support
- 350 cd/m2 brightness and 1000:1 contrast ratio
- Support for a multitude of refresh rates, including 24, 30, 50, 60, 85, 100, and 120 Hz modes
- USB 3.0 hub (two up, three down) with DisplaySync Pro, a high resolution keyboard / video / mouse (KVM) switch that can control two computers with only one keyboard and mouse
- Two DisplayPort 1.2 inputs, one HDMI 2.0 input and the option of either two DVI-D or four HDMI 1.4 inputs
- Stand that supports both landscape and portrait modes, and the image can be automatically rotated when the display is rotated
- Color and white Digital Uniformity Correction with 93 percent more correction points than previous MultiSync PA Series displays
- Picture in Picture and Picture by Picture mode, which splits the screen in half or in quarters to up to 4 full HD images in one or more color spaces in real time
- Two internal 2W speakers for business-class multimedia sound
- Free MultiProfiler software for complete control of picture modes, enabling additional presets like REC 709, BT.2020 and simple ICC profile emulation
Price and Availability
The NEC MultiSync PA322UHD-BK-2 ships with a 4-year limited 48-hour advanced exchange parts and labor warranty, and will be available in February 2016 for $2,999.Where to Buy