New MultiSync CX Desktop Displays Deliver Brighter and Faster Performance to Home and Office Computing
CHICAGO, Oct. 13, 2005 – NEC Display Solutions of America, the leading stand-alone provider of flat panel desktop displays, today unveiled the new MultiSync CX line of general purpose LCD monitors at the DigitalLife Expo in New York City (Booth No. 151). The displays have a sleek new design and 8 millisecond response times, making them some of the most stylish and fastest consumer displays on the market.
NEC’s new MultiSync CX flat-panel LCD displays have a sleek, ergonomic design and advanced imaging technology that enhance the front-of-screen experience. NEC’s Ambix dual-input technology adds to the performance by enabling users to bridge the gap between analog and digital systems by experiencing compatibility with the computer systems of today while having the readiness for the digital applications of tomorrow.
“The new NEC MultiSync 1740CX and 1940CX displays are designed to give our consumer customers performance displays at value prices,” said Clinton Wilhight, Senior Product Manager, NEC Display Solutions. “These attractive displays are great general-purpose monitors that deliver smooth, vivid images in a great looking design.”
Controls for the MultiSync CX Series are designed to be easy-to-read and use. The On-Screen Manager (OSM) provides clear and simple to understand menus that put users in easy control of their screen setting adjustments.
Other MultiSync CX Series features include:
- Rapid Response technology (8ms) delivers virtually uninterrupted, undistorted viewing of high-speed, full-motion video
- Ambix dual-input technology allows for digital/analog compatibility with upgraded video cards and software as well as connection to two systems
- Enhanced cable management helps prevent unattractive, space-consuming wire clutters
- Low power consumption reduces electrical costs and lowers total cost of ownership
- On Screen Manager (OSM) puts users in easy control of their screen setting adjustments
- Built-in power supply allows for easy mounting of the display
- No Touch Auto Adjust reduces setup time and provides optimal image settings upon initial power-on
- Wall/arm mounting capability adds flexibility and comfort, while freeing up valuable desktop space (using third-party product)
- Adheres to ISO 13406-2 Class II requirements for quality screen performance
- Energy Star 4.0 compliance helps reduce power consumption and lowers expenses
- One-year limited parts and labor warranty
- 24/7 support from NEC Display Solutions
The new NEC CX LCD Series products are RoHS (Restriction on Hazardous Substances) compliant, containing fully-disposable plastics and free of hazardous materials such as lead, hex-chrome, cadmium, mercury, PBDE and PBB.
The 17040CX and 1940CX are available for November delivery. Estimated street prices for the products are:
— $299.99 for the 17-inch NEC MultiSync 1740CX-BK
— $399.99 for the 19-inch NEC MultiSync 1940CX-BK
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., formerly NEC-Mitsubishi, is a leading provider of innovative LCD displays and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for the consumer, enterprise, professional, medical and digital signage markets. NEC Display Solutions ranked as the #1 best-selling stand-alone LCD monitor provider in the U.S. for all of CY2004 according to iSuppli’s quarterly monitor reports. For more information, please call 1-866-NEC-MORE or visit http://www.necdisplay.com.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Reseller prices may vary.Where to Buy