NEC announced today the MultiSync EA274WMi 27-Inch LED-backlit WQHD monitor with IPS panel. Designed to enhance work performance, this widescreen monitor features wide viewing angles (178° horizontal/vertical), touch-sensitive menu controls and ergonomic adjustability. The LED backlighting of the EA274WMi allows for a slimmer profile, lighter weight and increased power savings compared to previous generation models. The unique ControlSync technology allows users to control up to six EA274WMi displays in a multi-monitor configuration. Upon establishing one unit as the master, users are able to control many performance attributes of the multi-monitor setup in unison through the single monitor.
“This MultiSync EA Series display gives enterprise customers a monitor that boasts industry-leading low power consumption and fewer hazardous materials,” said Kevin Christopherson, Director of Product Marketing for Desktop Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “The EA274WMi is the latest NEC display with top environmental compliance and technologies, continuing hallmarks of NEC’s innovation in the display technology marketplace.”
In addition to the features highlighted earlier, the EA274WMi also offers smart sensing technology, which automatically detects your work conditions to determine the proper display brightness with ambient light and human sensors. In addition, a comprehensive input panel, including HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI-D, VGA and 4-port USB hub, connects users to the latest peripherals and solidifies their investments for the future.
- 27-inch, 16:9 IPS panel with LED backlighting
- 350cd/m2 brightness and 8-bit color
- Wide viewing angles of 178°H/178°V
- 2569 x 1440 WQHD resolution
- 20,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio (1000:1 typical)
- Ergonomic adjustable stand with 130mm height-adjust, tilt, swivel and pivot
- DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI-D and VGA D-sub inputs
- Integrated 4-port USB hub (1 up/4 down, two USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0)
- Integrated speakers (1W x 2) and headphone jack
- ControlSync for multi-screen setups
- Smart sensing technology (ambient light and human sensors)
- ECO Mode, carbon footprint meter and cost meter
- ENERGY STAR 6.0 and TCO 6.0 compliant
- EPEAT Gold
Price and Availability
The NEC MultiSync EA274WMi will be available in November 2013 for $799. The monitor also comes with set-up manual, and DVI-D, VGA, power, audio, USB 3.0 and ControlSync cables.