NAVIGON’s new GPS devices boast high-end features at a friendly price
NAVIGON, the fastest growing brand in GPS navigation, today unveiled the NAVIGON 2100 max and NAVIGON 2120 max personal navigation devices (PNDs) at CeBIT 2008, the world’s most comprehensive showcase of digital technology. The North American products earn their name by incorporating ‘wow’ features found only on high-end devices. They are the latest additions to NAVIGON’s award-winning and successful 2100 series line.
Features include a widescreen 4.3 format, spoken driving directions via text to speech, and NAVIGON’s exclusive Reality View, which provides 3D guidance when approaching highway interchanges. Also new is DirectHelp, a feature that pinpoints a user’s location and provides instant links to nearby services such as hospitals, pharmacies, and roadside assistance.
Significantly, the 2100 max series devices launch in concert with NAVIGON’s groundbreaking FreshMaps service. FreshMaps provides up to 12 map and POI updates in three years. Updates have been field-tested and validated by NAVTEQ, the leading digital map provider. An industry first, FreshMaps ensures data accuracy with regular access to up-to-date, field-verified map data and point of interest content. The updates are available online through a simple download process.
The NAVIGON 2100 max ships with maps of the continental U.S. while the NAVIGON 2120 max features maps of the U.S. and Canada. The standard NAVIGON 2100 max device sells online and in stores for $299 (MSRP). The 2120 max is limited to distribution in Canada and sells for $329 CAD.
“NAVIGON is building on the same product strategy that drove our success last year. We are committed to providing GPS systems with features that are relevant to the navigation experience,” said Andreas Hecht, NAVIGON’s President for the Americas. “We believe we’ve raised the bar with a competitively priced, feature-packed GPS device.”
The NAVIGON 2100 max and NAVIGON 2120 max units feature a slim, stylish piano-black housing and an anti-glare 4.3″ touchscreen display. Beautifully rendered 2D and 3D map views and an easy to navigate user interface provide users with an unmatched level of detail and information, including branded POIs, speed warnings and Lane Assistant. Predictive text and city-first or street-first data entry, route planning, as well as millions of pre-loaded POIs, help make destination entry quick and simple.
Key features include:
- DirectHelp: provides instant access to directions and phone numbers of emergency services at the touch of a button. Finds the nearest hospital, police station, tow truck company or pharmacy, and indicates your exact location to help these services locate you.
- Reality View: exclusive and available only on NAVIGON devices, Reality View provides 3D, photo-realistic virtual reality views of complex interchanges, complete with road geometry and actual road sign text.
- Text-to-Speech: provides specific, clearly spoken driving directions and actual street names in a variety of languages.
- Lane Assistant: provides simple to view lane guidance to assist drivers in making the correct upcoming maneuver.
- Automatic Speed Warnings: indicates posted speed limit and notifies driver with visual and verbal warnings when driver is speeding.
- Route Planning: allows users to plot a route with multiple waypoints — a feature found only on high-priced competitor devices.
NAVIGON’s 2100 series devices can be augmented with accessories that include:
- NAVIGON FreshMaps: Up to 12 quarterly map updates over three years; works on all NAVIGON GPS devices and sells for MSRP $79.99.
- NAVIGON Lifetime Traffic (SM): Real-time traffic updates, including traffic flow, incidents and alternate routes for the lifetime of the product. Optional accessory with MSRP of $99.99.
- ZAGAT Survey Ratings and Reviews: ZAGAT listings for U.S. hotels,resorts and spas, restaurants, golf courses, as well as attractions and nightlife in 70+ U.S. cities help users make informed destination choices. Optional accessory with MSRP of $39.99.
NAVIGON INC. is one of the world’s leading providers of navigation products and software solutions. NAVIGON makes its own navigation brand consumer products and creates software solutions for OEM customers operating in personal navigation, wireless, and automotive sectors. Founded in 1991, NAVIGON employs more than 400 people in Europe, North America and Asia. For more information, visit http://www.navigon.com or http://www.experiencenavigon.com.