Motorola Mobility announced the budget friendly, XT316 Android smartphone with QWERTY keyboard and a 2.8-inch touchscreen with interchangeable fashion jackets and ultimate personalization options.
Motorola XT316 claims 8 hours of battery life, allowing users to talk, browse the Web, text, play games and videos all day long. Motorola XT316 also has the Moto Switch user interface, which allows users to switch to a friends-centric mode when they finish work and head home for the day.
“With a fun, beautiful design and a great package of social media options, Motorola XT316 gives busy users the smartphone experience they crave at a price they can afford,” said Fei Liu, senior vice president, Mass Market Consumer Products, Motorola Mobility. “With the combination of the physical QWERTY keyboard, the touchscreen display and access to the entertaining apps and games, the Motorola XT316 outperforms other low cost mobile devices.”
Features and Specifications:
- Motorola XT316 runs on Android 2.2 (upgradeable to Android 2.3, Gingerbread in Fall);
- Motorola SPICE Key and Motorola FIRE run on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Access to thousands of apps
- Dual-band HSDPA/Quad-band EDGE
- 2.8″ QVGA touchscreen display
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- 3MP camera
- Moto Switch UI allows users to switch from different modes
- MicroSD card slot up to 32GB
- Access to Google Maps Navigation, Google Talk, and web browsing
- FM Radio with RDS support
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- E-compass, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, accelerometer
- LED notifications
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 1420mAh battery; eight hours of talk time or 30 days of standby in 3G mode
- Dimensions: 116.5 x 58 x 13.45mm (4.6 x 2.3 x 0.53 inches)
The Motorola XT316 is now available in China and will be available starting in mid-July in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Latin America. It will be available throughout the rest of Asia and in Europe later this summer.
The Motorola XT316 will be marketed as Motorola SPICE Key in Latin America and Motorola FIRE in Europe.Where to Buy