Amazon isn’t the only one eyeing a robotic revolution. Google has quietly...
Motorola VAP2400 Wireless Video Bridge
Motorola announced the VAP2400 video bridge solution, a wireless access device capable of transmitting extremely reliable and high-quality video content over Wi-Fi spectrum throughout the home. The VAP2400's design enables wireless home networks to deliver a full range of video services and applications without having to run wires through the home.
As compared to complex wireline solutions, the Motorola VAP2400 enables service providers to reduce installation costs creating cost savings which can be passed directly to the consumer. Motorola's VAP2400 delivers improved reach and video viewing performance compared with previous generations of the technology.
The ability to deliver a varied range of services and applications such as multi-room DVR and sharing of digital content throughout the home will enable operators and service providers to tier their offerings, broadening their portfolio of services to help keep existing customers and attract new ones. The VAP2400 is easy to install and set-up, and with remote management capabilities it offers operators complete peace of mind as well as ensuring future updates and service enhancements can be rolled out quickly and cost effectively.
“The Motorola VAP2400 wireless video bridge solution is a game-changing technology that enables operators to change the way video services are deployed in customer home networks. Compatible with multiple set-tops, it delivers enhanced media experiences throughout the home, allowing service providers to differentiate themselves in an increasingly competitive market,” said Keith Kelley, vice president, home devices, Motorola Mobility.
Key features of the Motorola VAP2400
- Next generation IPTV video bridge solution, first true beamforming 4×4 solution
- Support for multiple HD and SD streaming in the home at high data rate and larger home coverage (multiple concurrent HD streaming supported through multiple walls)
- Carrier grade solution that offers low latency and near zero packet loss
- Seamless setup with auto-detection and auto-provisioning capabilities, so it can be self installed
- Support for TR-069 remote management
- High quality wireless alternative to wireline solutions such as Ethernet, PLC, MoCA, HPNA
The Motorola VAP2400 is expected to be available for delivery globally from Q3 2011. Check price →