Motorola Mobility announced the Titanium smartphone, the first Nextel Direct Connect smartphone built on Android 2.1 that has Sprint's Push-to-Talk capabilities.
As the successor to the Motorola i1 launched by Sprint last year, Motorola Titanium is sleek and attractive, yet durable. It is the first iDEN device to combine Sprint's best-in-class Nextel Direct Connect and Android 2.1, Eclair, for a feature rich business-class experience. It features a full QWERTY keyboard and 3.1-inch touchscreen display. Built military-grade tough, Motorola Titanium is designed to meet Military Specification 810G for dust, shock, vibration, low pressure, solar radiation, high temperature and low temperature.
With more than 17 years of expertise, Sprint is the industry leader in Push-to-Talk, serving the world's largest Push-to-Talk community with millions of Nextel Direct Connect subscribers on the fastest national Push-to-Talk network. Nextel Direct Connect has set the industry standard for Push-to-Talk worldwide. More U.S. workers communicate in less than a second with Nextel Direct Connect than with any other Push-to-Talk service
Additional key features of Motorola Titanium include:
- Support for Nextel Direct Connect Services, including Direct Connect, Group Connect, International Direct Connect, DirectSend, Group Messaging and NextMail
- Android Market for access to more than 150,000 applications, widgets and games available for download
- Google mobile services such as Google Search, Gmail, Google Talk, Google Maps with Navigation, syncing with Google Calendar and YouTube
- Corporate email (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync) and personal (POP3 & IMAP) email
- 5-megapixel camera with camcorder, 4x zoom and flash
- Wi-Fi b/g
- Stereo Bluetooth
- GPS navigation
- microSD slot, with a 2GB memory card included, supporting up to 32GB
- 1820 mAh Lithium-ion battery
Price and Availabililty
Pricing and availability for Motorola Titanium will be announced at a later date.