Messaging Phone Provides One-Touch Access to IM-Style Texting; Features Slide-Out QWERTY Keyboard and a Touch Dial-Pad for Easy Access
Verizon Wireless and Motorola, Inc., introduce the Motorola Rival today. Designed for quick and easy messaging, the Motorola Rival keeps customers socially connected, while offering a variety of popular multimedia features from Verizon Wireless, including V CAST Music with Rhapsody, V CAST Video, Visual Voice Mail and VZ NavigatorSM.
Available colors: Tin Silver or Purple
- Pocket-friendly side-slider with QWERTY keyboard
- Touch dial-pad
- IM-style texting that organizes messages by contact, displaying them in a chat-like format
- One-touch access to text message composition, emoticons, symbols, IM and e-mail
- Backlit QWERTY keyboard for faster messaging; keyboard lights up either characters, numbers or symbols based on entry mode while texting in the dark
- Holds up to 500 text messages in inbox and outbox
- 2.0 megapixel camera
- 3.5 mm headset jack and up to 8 GB optional removable memory to satisfy any music appetite (microSD card is sold separately)
- Instantly connect with friends on AOL Instant Messenger, Windows Messenger and Yahoo! Messenger with Mobile IM
- Mobile Email allows access to popular e-mail services such as Yahoo!, Hotmail, AOL and Windows Live
- Supports Verizon Wireless’ V CAST Music with Rhapsody service, which allows customers to choose from more than 4 million songs to download over the air; get the master copy of the songs on their PCs; and sync favorite tracks, albums and playlists from their PCs to their phones using a separately sold USB cable
- Supports VZ Navigator to get audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest and share the directions with others
- Visual Voice Mail allows customers to view, delete, reply, listen to and forward voice mail messages without having to listen to prior messages or voice instructions
Pricing and availability:
- The Motorola Rival is available beginning June 10, 2009, online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores for $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- VZ Navigator is available for $2.99 daily access, and Visual Voice Mail is available for $2.99 monthly access. V CAST Music with Rhapsody is available for $14.99 monthly access.