Motorola Debuts New Dual-Mode and W Series Handsets Added to Portfolio At Mobile World Congress 2008
Today at Mobile World Congress, Motorola, Inc. introduced its latest device with both cellular and Wi-Fi network compatibility, as well as two new W series handsets that emphasize value and quality. Motorola will also showcase other recently announced products, including the award-winning ROKR E8 and MOTO Z10 at Motorola Booth Space, Hall 8, Fira de Barcelona.
With the introduction of the Wi-Fi enabled MOTO Z6w, Motorola is making it simple for consumers to enjoy seamless services on a single device. The GSM and Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN)-compatible handset extends the consumer’s wireless world for taking calls, fast Web browsing1 and multimedia enjoyment by extending across multiple service areas, automatically switching between local networks to deliver high-speed wireless services. The sleek, rich-looking slider device offers an entertaining mobile experience with media-friendly features, including compatibility with Windows Media Player 11 on the PC, high-speed USB 2.0 for fast downloads, a 2.0 megapixel camera and video capture, and up to 4GB of optional removable memory2.
“We are proud to add our latest Wi-Fi enabled handset to our growing portfolio, delivering a compelling wireless experience to consumers anywhere they go,” said Rob Shaddock, senior vice president, feature and mass market handsets, Motorola Mobile Devices. “The new W series handsets offer both great mobile phone basics and a solid music experience, in a candy bar form factor that you can show off with pride.”
Affordable New Handsets for Everyday Communications
Motorola is also adding two handsets to its robust W Series of dependable phones for staying connected at a great value. The new Motorola W161 and W181 devices allow consumers to have clear conversations in noisy environments with patented Motorola CrystalTalk technology. The two new candy bar devices also feature FM radio (optional headphones required), a large display, excellent battery life and an office-quality speakerphone.
Award-Winning Product Portfolio
Attendees at Mobile World Congress will also have a chance to see the Motorola lineup of mobile devices and accessories that deliver a complete, immersive music and multimedia experience, including products that recently received honors and awards. Highlights of Motorola’s latest products on display include:
- ROKR E8 — Transforming from phone to music player with one touch, ROKR E8 features ModeShift, a breakthrough technology that eliminates confusing “button clutter” so users see only the buttons they need — for a music player, cell phone or imaging device — at the exact moment they need them. And when one of ROKR E8’s virtual keys is touched, the device provides the tactile feedback consumers expect from a traditional keypad, thanks to innovative haptics technology. Favorite songs are quickly found with the FastScroll navigation feature, while Windows Media Player 11 compatibility enables the easy transfer of tunes from the PC to the device3. ROKR E8 also features CrystalTalk technology for outstanding call clarity. This quad-band GPRS/EDGE device has been building buzz and excitement since its recent debut, when it stole the spotlight with many prestigious “best of” awards at the International Consumer Electronics Show.
- MOTO Z10 — For filmmaking on the fly, this stylish “kick slider” makes it easy to capture high quality video, edit clips together, create transitions between scenes and add title slides and soundtracks3. This complete, pocket-sized, mobile film studio is always ready to shoot video at 30 frames per second. Crisp images are captured on its 3.2 megapixel camera that launches in 1.5 seconds and captures up to three images per second in burst mode. Budding filmmakers can easily upload and share their creations through any number of Web sites, turning spontaneous creativity into a social activity.
- Motorola EQ7 and EQ5 — For mobile music enjoyment, the first stereo Bluetooth enabled wireless speakers from Motorola allow consumers to play music and take calls4 from almost any MP3 player, PC or mobile phone through wireless Bluetooth technology (including A2DP Bluetooth profile) or a wired 3.5 mm jack with rich stereo sound. The elegant and small speakers feature echo cancellation and noise-reduction technology for high-quality sound, as well as integrated controls that make it easy to switch between music and speakerphone mode with the touch of a button.
MOTO Z6w is expected to be available in Q2 2008. The W161 and W181 are expected to be available in Q1 2008. ROKR E8 and MOTO Z10 are expected to be available in the first half of 2008. The Motorola EQ5 and EQ7 are expected to be available in Q2 2008.
Motorola is known around the world for innovation in communications. The company develops technologies, products and services that make mobile experiences possible. Our portfolio includes communications infrastructure, enterprise mobility solutions, digital set-tops, cable modems, mobile devices and Bluetooth accessories. Motorola is committed to delivering next generation communication solutions to people, businesses and governments. A Fortune 100 company with global presence and impact, Motorola had sales of US $36.6 billion in 2007. For more information about our company, our people and our innovations, please visit http://www.motorola.com.
Certain mobile phone features may not be activated by your service provider, and/or their network settings may limit the feature’s functionality. Contact your service provider for details. All features, functionality and other product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
- Network and/or SIM card dependent feature, not available in all areas. Airtime, data charges, and/or additional charges may apply.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual usable memory after formatting is less
- The unauthorized copying of copyrighted materials is contrary to the provisions of the Copyright Laws of the United States and other countries. This device is intended solely for copying non-copyrighted materials, materials in which you own the copyright, or materials which you are authorized or legally permitted to copy. If you are uncertain about your right to copy any material, please contact your legal advisor.
- The EQ7 device support Bluetooth Advanced Audio Delivery, Audio Video Remote Control, and Hands-free profiles and the EQ5 supports Bluetooth Advanced Audio Delivery, Audio Video Remote Control, Hands-free, and Headset profiles. In order for Bluetooth devices to communicate with one another, they must utilize the same Bluetooth profile. To determine the profiles supported by other Motorola devices, visit www.hellomoto.com/bluetooth. For other devices, contact their respective manufacturer.