Motorola announced the MILESTONE 2 enhanced with MOTOBLUR smartphone. The Android 2.2 device offers more speed, more connectivity, more messaging, more storage, more web with Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1, more multimedia and more personalisation than the original award-winning MILESTONE.
The smartphone features a 1Ghz processor, allowing users to sift through their content quickly, even when running multiple applications simultaneously or a number of open web browser pages. Respond to e-mails or texts quickly with an improved and more spacious QWERTY keyboard including larger keys and better tactility for easier typing. MILESTONE 2 also acts as a 3G mobile hotspot1 to connect up to five WiFi® enabled devices, so you turn practically anywhere into a hive of productivity.
MILESTONE 2 also features the latest version of Motorola's unique solution, MOTOBLUR, which makes it even easier to manage all of your emails, messages and social updates in one easy place with the additions of filtering, resizable widgets, added corporate security and a versatile battery manager.
Further enhancements to the original MILESTONE include 720p HD video capture and playback allowing you to capture life's moments in crystal clear detail, whilst the Adobe Flash Player 10.1 allows mobile users to experience millions of rich websites the way they were meant to be seen, including rich video and gaming content, and you can share all of your multimedia with DLNA compatible devices. The experience is rounded off with a connected music player delivering lyrics to your songs, additional artist news and information, as well as integrated social applications for sharing and giving recommendations. Users will have plenty of room for their content with up to 8GB internal memory and an 8GB microSD card inbox, expandable to 32GB.
A suite of Google mobile applications including Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail and YouTube are also integrated onto the device. Plus you have access to Android Market which has more than 70,000 applications.
The device ships with an 8GB micro SD card and wired headset, and owners can also download free the Motorola Media Link software that makes transferring your music and other multimedia from computer to phone even easier.
Make the most of Motorola's MILESTONE 2 at home, in the car or at the office with the optional smart accessories:
- The car cradle is ready for the road. Simply drop in your MILESTONE 2 or original MILESTONE and it automatically turns into car mode. This gives one-touch access to your favourite in-car applications, including your handsfree calling contacts, your music, internet radio, podcasts, Google Maps with Navigation and more. Plug, play, drive and charge your MILESTONE 2 with the rapid in car charger that plugs into your cradle
- The multimedia station is a stylish dock for your MILESTONE 2 or original MILESTONE. When docked, your phone automatically changes to desktop mode showing alarm clock and favourite multimedia applications such as a slide show of pictures. Desktop mode can be personalised allowing you to show the applications you want, all whilst charging your device.
Key MILESTONE 2 features include:
- 1Ghz processor now with 802.11n support
- 3G mobile hotspot — connect up to five other Wi-Fi devices
- Latest version of MOTOBLUR
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1
- Multi-touch, pinch to zoom, double tap zoom
- 720p HD video capture and playback
- 5MP imager with dual LED flash
- Up to 40GB of memory
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Enterprise Exchange support
- Improved design; more spacious QWERTY keyboard including larger keys and better tactility
- DLNA / WiFi / Bluetooth® 2.1 connectivity
Additional functionality and apps include:
- Full suite of the Google applications: Google Search, Google Maps with Latitude and Street View, Gmail, YouTube, and Google Talk
- Unified Google and Exchange Contacts
- Navigation: GPS, Google Maps, E-Compass Latitude
- Email Support: IMAP/POP3, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Corporate Sync, Push Email
- Quick Office document viewer
- IM Support: Google Talk
- Calendar: Exchange, Calendar
MILESTONE 2 will be available in Europe beginning Q4 2010.