The First Interactive Clear Flip, Full-Touch Phone Available Today, Exclusively Through Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless and Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) announced that Motorola Krave ZN4, featuring two layers of touch — on the interactive clear flip outside and the full touch-screen inside — is now available exclusively on the nation’s most reliable wireless network at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores.
Krave puts fun at your fingertips with the latest entertainment and phone features from Verizon Wireless, many of which are accessible with one touch, even when the phone is closed. Krave supports all of the hottest multimedia services from Verizon Wireless, including V CAST Mobile TV, V CAST Video, V CAST Music with Rhapsody and VZ Navigator1.
Putting the Flip on Touch
Motorola Krave combines the familiarity of a flip design with the excitement of touch and haptic feedback. Without opening the phone, the clear flip provides customers with one-touch access to popular features and services — such as watching V CAST Mobile TV1, accessing photos, playing music and viewing incoming messages. The flip design also makes it easy to place clear and reliable phone calls while preventing touch-screen wear, and a side lock key prevents accidental usage.
“Motorola Krave is uncompromising. It delivers high-quality multimedia experiences while remaining true to the way consumers expect a phone to work and feel,” said Ken Hallman, vice president, Motorola Mobile Devices. “The clear, touch-enabled flip over the large, high-resolution touch-screen is nothing like you’ve seen and yet it’s totally intuitive.”
With Motorola Krave, customers can satisfy all of their cravings for the best in Verizon Wireless multimedia entertainment services, including:
- V CAST Mobile TV and V CAST Video1 — Watch videos for both services in landscape mode on the phone’s 2.8″ vibrant color display. V CAST Mobile TV offers broadcast-quality, full-length TV shows; V CAST Video offers snack-sized video clips, including sports highlights, breaking news, entertainment, weather and more.
- V CAST Music with Rhapsody1,2 — More than 5 million songs are available on V CAST Music with Rhapsody purchase full songs over-the-air; download the master copy of songs to their PCs, free of digital rights management software; and sync favorite tracks, albums and playlists from their PCs to their phones using a USB cable (sold separately). The phone supports Bluetooth stereo technology for listening to music, a 3.5 mm headset jack, and up to 8 GB microSD optional removable memory for additional storage of music, photos, video and more.
- VZ Navigator1 — Provides visual and audible directions to thousands of destinations, including businesses and other points of interest, maps of locations and offers the ability to share directions with others.
- Visual Voice Mail1— Delete, reply and forward voice mail messages without having to listen to prior messages or voice instructions. Visual Voice Mail is the ideal tool for the busy mobile professional who may need to prioritize which messages he or she listens to first.
The dedicated camera key on Motorola Krave provides quick access to a touch-controlled 2.0 megapixel camera. The accelerometer detects the movement when the phone rotates and changes the display, making it easy to catch landscape and portrait shots, as well as capture and view video.
Customers can watch clips from popular video-sharing sites directly from the phone’s HTML browser; and they can enjoy videos and pictures directly from MMS messages, without downloading them first to the phone. Texting and e-mailing is simplified with its virtual landscape QWERTY keypad with haptic feedback, conveniently-sized buttons and accelerometer.
Motorola Krave supports Bluetooth wireless pairing so customers can pair their phones with the following profiles: headsets, hands-free for car kits, dial-up networking, stereo, phonebook access, basic printing and imaging, object push for vCard, and file transfer. For additional information on car kit and accessory compatibility, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/bluetoothchart.
Motorola Krave ZN4 is available for $149.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted. Monthly access packages for V CAST Mobile TV, V CAST Video and V CAST Music with Rhapsody range from $13.00 to $15.00 per month; Visual Voice Mail is available for $2.99 monthly access, while VZ Navigator is available for $9.99 monthly access. Other charges may apply when downloading or using applications.
For more information on Motorola Krave, visit www.motorola.com/krave. For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
- Network dependent feature, not available in all areas. Airtime, data charges and/or additional charges may apply.
- The unauthorized copying of copyrighted materials is contrary to the provisions of the Copyright Laws of the United States and other countries. This device is intended solely for copying non-copyrighted materials, materials in which you own the copyright, or materials which you are authorized or legally permitted to copy. If you are uncertain about your right to copy any material, please contact your legal advisor.
MOTOROLA KRAVE ZN4
|Talk/Standby time||500 hours of standby time; 250 minutes talk time|
|Bands/Modes||RF: CDMA EV-DO 800/1900; CDMA 1X/EV-DO|
|Connectivity||Class 2 Stereo Bluetooth wireless technology, 3.5mm, USB 2.0 HS|
|Display||2.8″ 240×400 65k TFT; flip resolution 240×320|
|Messaging||EMS, MMS, SMS, Email (Brew App) IM (Dwnld BREW), OW 7 (WAP 2.0), BREW 3.1.41|
|Audio||AAC, AAC+, AAC+ Enhanced, AMR NB, MIDI, MP3,WMA v10, WMA v9|
|Video||Capture/Playback/Streaming, H.263, H.264, MPEG4,WMV v9|
|Camera||2.0 megapixel camera, Digital Zoom, Fixed Focus|
|Memory||Up to 8GB microSD optional removable memory, 130MB user available memory|