Motorola announced two tablets upgradable to the latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system. The new DROID XYBOARD 8.2 and DROID XYBOARD 10.1 will be available from Verizon Wireless with 4G LTE connectivity, dual-core 1.2 GHz processors, 1 GB of RAM and MotoCast for remote access to non DRM-protected music, pictures, videos and documents stored on work or home computers’ hard drives. Both are equipped with scratch-resistant displays that use Corning Gorilla Glass to stay brilliant and a coating of water-repellent nanoparticles makes them resistant to accidental spills and splashes.
Lighter than a paperback book and thinner than an AAA battery, the DROID XYBOARD tablets feature Android 3.2 Honeycomb, brilliant high-definition displays with wide viewing angles, magnesium-reinforced bodies with aluminum housing and super portable form-factors. Both tablets offer robust Business Ready features, including enterprise-grade security and apps such as Quickoffice HD for document editing and creation, Citrix GoToMeeting for productivity and collaboration and Google Talk for video conferencing.
The DROID XYBOARD 10.1 is optimized for productivity with stylus support for easy notetaking and markup using a precision tip stylus, included in the box. The XYBOARD 8.2 is perfect for portable entertainment with 2.1 adaptive virtual surround sound and a high-definition display for enjoying Netflix movies in up to HD quality, concert-like music and serious gaming. Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network claims speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps within 4G LTE Mobile Broadband coverage areas.
- 10.1-inch and 8.2-inch high-definition In-Plane Switching (IPS) display for DROID XYBOARD 10.1 and DROID XYBOARD 8.2 respectively
- Mobile Hotspot Capability — share 4G LTE connection with up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- 5-megapixel rear-facing HD cameras with digital zoom, autofocus and LED flash, optimized for capturing the moment
- 1.3-megapixel HD front-facing cameras perfect for video chatting with friends and family
- Dijit app allows DROID XYBOARD tablets to double as a universal remote control with an electronic programming guide for TVs, Blu-ray Disc players, digital video records (DVR), and most other consumer electronics
- Support for Google Mobile Services including Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Search, Google Maps and access to millions of books from Google Books
- Supports a wide array of separately purchased accessories including an HD station for connecting to speakers and a larger screen, an HD dock to send content via HDMI out to HDTVs and home theater speaker systems and a stylish portfolio with Bluetooth®-enabled keyboard and mouse
- Wi-Fi Connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)
Availability and Pricing
Both DROID XYBOARD tablets will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com this month.
|DROID XYBOARD 8.2||DROID XYBOARD 10.1|
Customers will receive $100 off a DROID XYBOARD tablet and $50 off select Motorola accessories for a limited time when a customer purchases a DROID RAZR by Motorola with a new two-year customer agreement. Verizon Wireless Mobile Broadband data plans starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.