AT&T announced it will carry the new Motorola ATRIX 2 4G smartphone, a more affordable successor to the original ATRIX phone. The new ATRIX 2 improves the camera to 8-megapixels but provides less internal memory at 8GB. The 1 GHz dual core processors and access to 4G speeds remain the same. Its high-resolution 960×540 qHD display has been increased slightly to 4.3-inch (from 4-inches). Both phones can capture video in 1080p HD and display it on any size HD monitor with an HDMI cable using Mirror mode. With Motorola's webtop application, you can browse the web with a full Firefox browser. Connect to the new Motorola Lapdock 100 or use the optional HD Station and browse the web on any size HD TV or monitor.
While the ATRIX 2 boasts a great deal of entertainment value, features such as device and microSD card encryption, enterprise-grade VPN, enhanced Exchange options and personal information management and remote wipe make this device business-ready. Users will enjoy the new free ZumoCast app, giving users hassle-free access to their music, playlists, pictures and videos stored on their computer.
- UMTS 850/1900/2100
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- 4G HSPA+ 21 Mbps (Category 14)
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- Internal memory: 8 GB ROM, 1 GB RAM, 2 GB microSD card (expandable to 32GB)
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 4.3-inch qHD screen 960×540 TFT, with more than 500,000 pixels for sharper, clearer display
- 8-megapixel camera and LED flash
- Front-facing camera
- 1080p HD video capture, 30 frames per second playback
- On Device Encryption (ODE) and Enhanced Exchange ActiveSync (EAS)
- IPsec VPN
- Lapdock 100 Accessory
Price and Availability
Price TBD. See www.att.com.