Monsoon Multimedia introduced the Vulkano Flow mobile accessory for TV anywhere. When connected to any set-top box, the new Vulkano Flow streams any TV channel a subscriber receives to mobile devices, tablets and computers inside or outside of the home.
The Flow has a simplified installation process and allows TV content viewing of any channel on iPhone, Android and BlackBerry smartphones and tablets, iPads, Macs, PCs and soon on Windows 7 and Symbian devices.
After moving through the intuitive set-up process, Flow owners can download Vulkano apps onto their devices from www.myvulkano.com or from the respective device app store. Users can then select channels from the integrated electronic programming guide (EPG) to watch and control their TV service through a wired Ethernet, Wi-Fi or 3G connection from anywhere in the world. Software players for PCs/Macs, iPhone and iPad devices also come with Pause/Live functions to provide users with the option to fast-forward and rewind the content they are viewing.
- Place shift television programming and view on smartphones, Android tablets, iPads, PCs and Macs
- Pause, fast-forward or rewind live TV
- Browse EPG for shows and episode descriptions
- Mark channels as Favorite for quick access
- Watch and control your live TV on the go via Wi-Fi or 3G
- Connect to all major TV sources – cable, DVD, satellite, DVR, TiVo
- Stream video at H.264 standards at rates as low as 150kbps
- Connects wirelessly through Vulkano's on board 802.11n WiFi to home router
- TV content is passed from the set-top box's analog output (component, composite) to Vulkano; using resolutions up to 1080i
Pricing and Availability
The Vulkano Flow is now available for $99. The Flow comes pre-loaded with PC and Mac players, while iPad, iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, tablet and additional smartphone applications can be purchased for $12.99 each in the respective app stores.