30GB digital media player delivers custom music experience to Latino music fans.
Today Microsoft Corp.’s Zune team announced that a Zune music player produced in collaboration with Latin Grammy-nominated artists Wisin y Yandel, Machete Music and Wal-Mart Stores Inc. will go on sale exclusively at Wal-Mart retailers Oct. 29 for $199 (ERP). The black, limited-edition Zune will come pre-loaded with the new Wisin y Yandel album, “Wisin vs. Yandel: Los Extraterrestres,” before it is available in stores, and will also feature an exclusive track, music videos, photos and concert footage.
“It was great working with the Zune team to create this custom device and come up with cool ways to promote our new album via their digital music platform,” said Edgar Andino, Wisin y Yandel’s manager. “Connecting with fans digitally is really where music is going, and we’re psyched to have this opportunity.”
The idea to work together resulted from a chance meeting between Wisin y Yandel’s management and Zune executives at a summer concert. Shortly afterward, Wisin y Yandel visited Microsoft’s headquarters to meet with the Zune music marketing team and discuss design concepts for the limited-edition Zune 30GB device.
“Wisin y Yandel are currently one the biggest Latin groups out there, so we are excited to have them customize a Zune device and offer exclusive content to their fans,” said Javier Farfan, multicultural marketing manager for Zune at Microsoft. “Working together like this has helped us to connect Latino music artists with their fans.”
The new Wisin y Yandel Zune is being introduced as the band prepares to release its new album on Nov. 6. The collaboration between Microsoft, Wisin y Yandel, Machete Music and Wal-Mart includes the following:
- A black limited-edition 30GB Zune device in customized Wisin y Yandel packaging. The Zune player has a 3-inch color display and can hold up to 7,500 songs, 25,000 pictures or 100 hours of video.
- Wisin y Yandel’s 19-track new album, “Wisin vs. Yandel: Los Extraterrestres,” videos and an exclusive new single comes pre-loaded on each device before the album is released to the general public for purchase.
- Exclusive retail distribution at Wal-Mart through 330 locations nationwide
- A comprehensive artist page on Zune.net
- Exclusive Wisin y Yandel content promoted and made available through Zune Marketplace
- An artist of the month feature with MSNA Latino. including an exclusive interview and site content
- Game with Fame fan opportunity with Xbox LIVE, exclusive behind the scenes of the making of “Sexy Movimiento” and the “Sexy Movimiento” video
“It’s very important to let Latino audiences know they can trust Zune to deliver the music and digital experiences they want to tune into,” Farfan said. “Working with Wisin y Yandel, we have taken an innovative and authentic step to connect with Hispanics.”
The limited-edition Zune will go on sale exclusively at Wal-Mart retailers Oct. 29 for $199 (ERP) and is available for pre-order at http://www.zune.net/wisinyyandel.Where to Buy