Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 offers consumers five vibrant choices to complement today’s computers
Today Microsoft Corp. announced plans to issue special edition versions of the Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 — the No. 1 best-selling notebook mouse in the U.S.1 — in five fashionable new colors. The new mice allow consumers to add a splash of color to their PC and eliminate the plain white mouse for good.
Taking cues from the design and color trends found in today’s apparel, accessories and other consumer electronics, the special editions of the Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 will be offered in the following colors:
- Pomegranate (red)
- Dragon fruit (dark pink)
- Aloe (green)
- Milk chocolate (brown)
- Creme brulee (khaki)
“Buying a tech product these days is a declaration of personal style, and these special edition mice allow consumers to make the ultimate statement,” said Sean Butterworth, product marketing manager for Microsoft Hardware. “The Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 has always been a fan favorite, and these color updates will keep it in the forefront for years to come.”
No. 1 Best-Selling Mouse
In addition to new color options, users are still getting the notebook mouse they know and love with the special edition Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000. Whether for work or play, this mouse offers the following top features, putting ultimate performance in the palm of the hand:
- High Definition Optical Technology features the exclusive Microsoft Intelligent Tracking System for smoother tracking, 1,000 dots per inch for more responsiveness and 6,000 frames per second for better precision.
- Compact shape and ambidextrous form includes sculpted finger grooves and rubber side grips, making everyday mobile PC activities easier and more comfortable.
- Snap-in receiver conserves battery life by automatically turning off power when snapped into the bottom of the mouse. Delivering an average of more than six months of battery life with one AA battery, this mouse reduces inconvenient work stoppages required to replace batteries or recharge.
- Wireless freedom allows you to sit back and click, eliminating the inconvenience of connecting your mouse with cumbersome cables.
Pricing and Availability
The following special edition colors of the Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 will be available in May at Best Buy stores for an estimated retail price of $29.95 (U.S.)2: pomegranate, dragon fruit, aloe and milk chocolate. The full line of special edition mice will be available at more retailers in June. The Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 is backed by a three-year limited hardware warranty from Microsoft in the United States and Canada. More information about the Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/hardware.
- Source: The NPD Group Inc., based on U.S. retail and commercial dollar sales from March 2005-November 2007
- Actual retail prices may vary.