Meridian just released the Prime Power Supply, a special low-noise, highly regulated linear power supply designed to be the perfect partner to their Prime Headphone Amplifier. Its reference-quality, high-current design is based on the new linear power supplies developed for Meridian’s 800 Reference Series and specifically built for audio applications.
Built into an elegant compact metal case, designed by Meridian co-founder Allen Boothroyd, that echoes the acclaimed Meridian G Series, the Prime Power Supply has no visible screws and is double-skinned for lower noise.
The Meridian Prime Power Supply can be used to power a range of Meridian products including the Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier, Audio Core 200, Meridian Director (Meridian Direct DAC in U.S.) and Media Source 200. The addition of Prime Power Supply to these products provides an enhancement in their performance, much like supercharging a car’s engine.
- Linear power supply design inspired by latest 800 Reference Series supply.
- Perfect partner for the acclaimed Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier.
- High current, very low noise power supply delivers enhanced performance from a range of Meridian products including the Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier, Audio Core 200, Meridian Director, Media Source 200, and other devices requiring a high-quality 12V power supply.
- High-mass, low-profile, low magnetic field, toroidal transformer with integral plate-mounted magnetic screen, to shield electronics from noise.
- Connect multiple devices to a single Power Supply: single wall connection minimises clutter.
- High-quality latching 3-pin mini-DIN high-current power output connectors for reliable connection.
- 5 x 12V 500mA outputs for Meridian components; USB 5V 1A output with USB input for audio pass-through – drives Meridian Director*, Explorer, Prime Headphone Amplifier and i80.
- Power input filtering.
- Dual-stage regulation on all outputs, using very low noise linear regulators.
- Multiple capacitors for noise filtering; audio-grade reservoir capacitors.
- New, elegant and durable metal enclosure design by Allen Boothroyd, double-skinned for lower noise, offers the distinctive Meridian look with no visible mounting screws.
- Hand made in Meridian’s state-of-the- art headquarters near Cambridge, UK.
Price and Availability
The Meridian Prime Power Supply is available now for $1,250 USD.Where to Buy