Meridian Audio announced the DSP520 (pictured above) and DSP640 (pictured below) Digital Active In-wall Loudspeaker models, designed to expand and complement the existing range of Meridian DSP loudspeakers. The Meridian DSP in-walls offer the ability to create a discreet installation or mix and match them with Meridian’s freestanding loudspeakers, such as the newly updated DSP7200, to create a superior Digital Theatre system.
The DSP in-wall loudspeakers are also designed to make it simple and convenient to add a zone to existing Meridian Digital Media Systems. Meridian’s Media Source 200 simply mounts on the back of these in-wall loudspeakers and can be operated from any Digital Media System controller such as the Core Control App for iPad.
As with every Meridian loudspeaker design, special attention has been paid to ensure the highest quality audio performance. The DSP640 and DSP520 are built with the drivers mounted into the front extrusion of the enclosure itself, while a separate upper case holds the electronics, consisting of DSP, digital audio converters and an individual amplifier per driver.
The new in-wall loudspeakers can be mounted horizontally (the wide-range driver is centrally mounted making them ideal for use as a horizontal centre) or vertically, in a wall or ceiling. Both models include a paintable magnetic grille, and elements including frame, rough-in box, etc include room for adjustment enabling the entire assembly to be fitted with precision into almost any type of wall and blend seamlessly with any decor.
- DSP-based design delivers superior performance to conventional designs—equivalent to an enclosure of eight times the physical volume
- Ultra-narrow (200mm) design delivers full DSP loudspeaker performance from an in-wall package.
- Uses Meridian’s highly acclaimed Wide Range Driver technology that eliminates the need for a crossover in the critical midrange producing lifelike vocals.
- Back-box and frame system allow precise positioning and adjustment and includes Meridian’s innovative SpeakerLink technology for simple integration with the rest of the system.
- Unique DSP setting to compensate for mounting behind fabric or projection screens in Theatre applications.
- When combined with the Media Source 200, the In-wall loudspeakers provide an elegant Digital Media System zone.
Price and Availability
- DSP520 available January 2013, MSRP: $5,000 each
- DSP640 available February 2013, MSRP: $7,500 each