FiftyThree — the group behind the 2012 iPad App of the Year...
McIntosh MX121 A/V Control Center Announced
McIntosh Laboratory announced the MX121 A/V Control Center, a networked home theater preamplifier/processor with advanced features and functionality including the most sophisticated HD digital audio decoding and HDMI video switching, including 3D Video Pass-Through capability and wireless audio streaming.
The MX121 A/V Control Center moves beyond the features and capabilities of the conventional Home Theater controller with a powerful suite of contemporary features geared toward today's music lover. It sets high performance home theater with new standards, providing users with an elegant solution for controlling and enjoying the maximum benefits of today's advanced video and audio source components. Notably, Apple's Airplay allows users to stream music from their iTunes music libraries on Mac or PC, as well as music stored on their iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, though their Wi-Fi network. Additionally, a wired USB input connection allows for iPod and iPhone use so all portable tunes can be played back with full size fidelity. To dramatically improve video performance, the MX121 features a robust up-converting video processing engine with advanced HDMI capability, ensuring that all non HD video sources are up converted to HDMI output and scaled at up to 1080P resolution. All of the latest audio video film formats are supported including 3D and HDMI as well as all legacy source formats such as VCR and even Laser Disk.
The MX121 carries on the McIntosh tradition of sonic excellence with exceptionally low noise and distortion performance. Two balanced inputs combine with balanced outputs and a differential balanced audio topology to offer superb low-level linearity. Coaxial and optical digital audio inputs are provided. An on-screen user interface is menu-driven and intuitive for ease of system set up. An RS232 input offers compatibility with third party remote control systems while McIntosh Power Control and Data Ports enable the unit to control an entire McIntosh system from a single hand-held remote.
The MX121 has a vast array of digital and analog inputs that can be custom labeled for simplified system operation and matched in volume level for a smooth transition between sources. It features built-in Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding for the latest Blu-ray disc soundtracks. Two channel stereo source materials may be played back in stereo or processed up to a 7.1 multi-channel using Dolby Pro Logic IIx or DTS Neo:6 decoding. For added flexibility in multi-zone system building, the MX121 offers Dual Zone operation, allowing users to enjoy two audio / video zones of different media simultaneously in separate rooms with program selection and independent control.
An on-screen user interface is menu-driven and intuitive for ease of system set up. A RS232 input offers compatibility with third party remote control systems while McIntosh Power Control Ports enable the unit to control an entire McIntosh system from a single hand-held remote.
- ULTRA LOW DISTORTION (DSP BYPASS): 0.005%
- CHANNEL FORMATS: Stereo, 5.1, 7.1, Two Mono Subwoofers
- BALANCED INPUT: 1 set-Stereo
- BALANCED OUTPUTS: 7.1 + Second Subwoofer, or Height or Width
- UNBALANCED INPUTS: 7 Stereo + Moving Magnet Phono, 7.1 Input
- UNBALANCED OUTPUTS: 7.1 + SW, or H-2, or W-2, + VCR-2, + CDR-2
- DIGITAL INPUTS: 3-optical, 2-coax
- DIGITAL OUTPUT: 1-optical
- HDMI INPUTS: 6 – with 3D video pass-through, ARC, CEC, Deep Color, x.v.Color, Auto Lip Sync, Advanced HD audio
- HDMI OUTPUTS: One – Zone A, with or without ARC, 3D Video Pass-Through, CEC, Deep Color, x.v.Color, Auto Lip-sync
- COMPONENT IN AND OUT: 4 in and 2 out
- COMPOSITE/S IN AND OUT: 5 in and 3 out
- ADDITIONAL ZONE OUTPUTS: Two Stereo: Zone 2- Analog audio/video, Zone 3-Analog audio
- MAX. # OF AUDIO CHANNELS IN ZONE A: 8
- DSP ROOM CORRECTION: Audyssey MultEQ XT, Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume. DSX
- MICROPHONE AND STAND INCLUDED: Yes
- ADVANCED CONNECTIONS: Ethernet Web interface, Update, IP-based control + Web Data Streaming
- NETWORK FEATURES: DLNA 1.5 Certified, Pandora, Internet Radio, Flickr
- UNIQUE X-OVER FREQUENCY, EACH SPEAKER: Yes
- SPECIAL FEATURES: Rear Panel USB-Apple Doc, HDMI in standby, Apple AirPlay
- THIRD PARTY CONTROL: RS232, Web IP, Serial Data input, IR input port
- TONE CONTROLS: Nine Band Equalizer, Bass and Treble
- OSD OVERLAY ON HDMI OUTPUT: Yes
- INPUT-OUTPUT FORMAT INDICATORS: 9 in and 9 out
- CONTROL OF MCINTOSH SOURCES: Yes, by handheld MX121 remote, 1 Data Out, 2 Power Control Trigger jacks
- VIDEO SCALING: Yes, up to 1080P HDMI
- DOLBY PROCESSING: True HD/Digital Plus/EX/Pro Logic IIz, IIx
- DTS PROCESSING: HD Master & High Res. Audio/ES/96/24, Discrete & Matrix 6.1/Neo:6/Express/Neural
- PURE STEREO DSP BYPASS MODE: Yes
- WEIGHT: 30 lbs (13.6kg) net, 54 lbs (24.5kg) shipping
- DIMENSIONS: 17 1/2″ (44.45cm) W x 7 5/8″ (19.37cm) H x 19 1/2″ (49.53cm) D