Marantz announced two new flagship models, the SR7011 9.2ch A/V receiver and the AV7703 11.2ch A/V preamplifier processor, which each cost $2200. The SR7011 has all latest audio, video and home theater formats (from 4K to Auro 3D capability) along with built-in Wi-Fi and multi-room HEOS wireless music streaming. The AV7703 AV processor has everything in the SR7011, but without the amps.
Dolby Atmos and DTS:X/Neural:X are built-in, with a payable software upgrade to enable Auro-3D imminent. The SR7011 has nine 125-watt channels of ultra-high-quality Marantz amplification onboard, plus 11.2-channel processing pre-outs, allowing it to make the most of these ‘immersive surround’ formats with its ability to drive a full 5.1.4 enhanced surround system. The amplification itself is built just like any high-end Marantz hi-fi component, using the company’s famous HDAM (Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology, selected components and Marantz Current Feedback topology for the purest possible sound.
Audyssey MultEQ XT32 is provided for fast, accurate set-up, while a whole suite of sound processing technologies including LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ allow the user to make the most of the surround experience. The eight HDMI inputs provide the flexibility for even the most complex home entertainment system, and with the latest HDMI and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all eight, the SR7011 supports 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR), and BT.2020 pass-through. In other words, it’s ready for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and other modern 4K Ultra HD sources, and it can also upscale existing video content to 4K Ultra HD, to make the most of those new 4K displays. Twin HDMI outputs allow you to run both a TV and a projector, while there’s also a Zone 2 HDMI out, allowing multi-room audio/video.
For music, the SR7011 is also equipped to become the heart of any home entertainment system, with both Wi-Fi and Ethernet networking for music streaming at resolutions up to 192kHz/24bit and DSD5.6MHz. Dual-band Wi-Fi reduces the chance of interference, and you can play your favorite music from computers or network storage, access streaming music from the likes of Pandora, SiriusXM, Deezer, Amazon Music, TIDAL, and Spotify Connect (where available; subscription required), or listen to Internet radio. The SR7011 also has built-in Bluetooth and AirPlay for direct streaming from portable devices. As the first of a new generation of Marantz products with built-in HEOS technology, the SR7011 now has more ways to access an enhanced range of music services, as well as fast content browsing with the HEOS App so users can find and play tunes almost instantly.
HEOS also enhances the multi-room functionality of the SR7011 by allowing the A/V Receiver to become part of the HEOS multiroom system. This offers a cutting edge, integrated system rather than pre-existing individual wireless speaker components, optimizing the ability to share whatever users are enjoying with other HEOS speakers and components around the home.
The AV7703 AV preamp/processor has all the processing and format capability of the SR7011, including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro 3D, plus full 4K UHD video capability and even HEOS multiroom. The AV preamp is designed to be used with high-quality external power amplifiers like the Marantz MM8077, MM7055 and MM7205. It has 11.2-channel preouts on both conventional RCA sockets and balanced XLRs. At its core is the same Audyssey technology and meticulous Marantz audio design used in the SR7011.
Marantz also claims the AV7703 is an excellent analog preamplifier. It uses a specially designed analog audio circuit board using Marantz HDAM technology. This preamp section is designed for optimal channel separation, minimal crosstalk and enhanced signal to noise ratio for precise detail resolution and stereo imaging. An oversized power supply for the analog section uses audiophile-grade ELNA capacitors to ensure excellent power and dynamic ability.
SR7011 9.2ch Network AV Receiver – Main Features
- 9-channel discrete power amplifier, 125W per channel
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X (up to 7.1.4 with an external 2-channel amplifier), Auro-3D upgradeable
- High performance 192kHz/32bit D/A converters for all channels
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, SubEQ HT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support; built-in Bluetooth
- HEOS Wireless Music Streaming Technology with HEOS App
- AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Network Audio Streaming
- DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAV support
- 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 3 HDMI outputs (zone)
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR and BT.2020
- Analog to HDMI conversion and full SD/HD to 4K Upscaling for legacy video sources
- ISF video calibration
- Advanced Multi-Room options; 11.2ch pre-out with 11.2ch processing; RS232 Control
- Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant, Advanced GUI
- Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App
- Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
AV7703 Multi-channel Network AV Pre-amplifier – Main features
- Same features as SR7011, but no power amplifier section; 11.2ch XLR pre-out, 11.2ch RCA pre-out
- High quality dedicated pre-amplifier board with HDAM
- Power supply for pre-amplifier stage with audiophile-grade ELNA capacitors
- Extended shielding of sensitive circuits
Price and Availability
- Marantz SR7011 AV Receiver $2,199
- Marantz AV7703 AV Preamplifier $2,199
Where to Buy