Following the recently announced slim-design NR1607, Marantz is introducing a full-size 7.2-channel (7 x 100 Watts) Network A/V Receiver, the SR5011 for $900. It features high grade components, Marantz-own HDAMs (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module), Audyssey MultEQ XT, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and advanced wireless connectivity with enough power to fill large rooms.
The SR5011 home theater receiver offers an advanced video section that’s fully compatible with the latest HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all 8 HDMI inputs. With 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support on every input, the SR5011 is ready for the next generation of Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and other 4K Ultra HD sources. It can further upscale analog and digital source material up to Full HD 1080p or even 4K Ultra HD for the ultimate viewing experience. And thanks to the dual HDMI output, a TV and a projector can be connected in parallel.
Full wireless connectivity is provided by both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, with dual antennas that help ensure robust signal transmission and reception. Once connected, music can easily be streamed through AirPlay, network attached storage devices (NAS), Internet Radio, Pandora, SiriusXM, and Spotify Connect (where available; subscription required). High resolution audio formats and playback are fully supported for incredible fidelity. To round up the flexibility, a 7.2 channel pre-out section and the RS232 connection and IP control makes the SR5011 very appealing for custom installation purposes.
Configuration is simple using the on-screen instructions with the assistance of the Graphical User Interface, Setup Assistant, and Audyssey MultEQ room calibration. Once set up, daily operation is simple and convenient with the new Marantz 2016 AVR Remote app available on iOS, Android and Kindle Fire. And for those looking for energy savings, the SR5011 includes a smart ECO mode that can automatically save significant electrical power without influencing the overall performance.
Price and Availability
The Marantz SR5011 is expected to be available in July 2016 for $899.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support; built-in Bluetooth
- 7ch discrete power amplifier, 100W per channel (8ohm, 20Hz – 20kHz, THD: 0.08%)
- ·4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR and BT.2020
- 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 2 HDMI outputs
- Analog to HDMI conversion and SD/HD to 4K Upscaling for legacy video sources
- Dolby Atmos (up to 5.1.2) and DTS:X (via firmware update)
- AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM, Network Audio Streaming
- DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC, AIFF and WAV support
- Advanced Multi-Room options; 7.2ch Pre-out; RS232 Control
- Audyssey MultEQ XT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant, Advanced GUI
- Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App
- ISF video calibration
- Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting